Sr. Ab Initio Developer
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: September 8, 2020
This is your chance to radically change the game and use your
technical skills to transform healthcare. You'll be a trusted
senior member of agile, high energy and the innovative team
responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing and
support of our complex on-premise and cloud-based software, system
and/or Enterprise solutions. We need you to assist with project
work impacting areas of our business. You will review technical
specifications, write ETL/software codes and provide technical
expertise and leadership on the assigned projects.
* Independently perform the analysis, design and development of
high volume, low latency applications for mission-critical systems
delivering high-availability and performance to best meet customer
* Write well designed, testable, efficient code to support varied
and complex IT solutions
* Provide strong technical expertise and collaborate with other IT
specialists to rapidly develop and deliver stunning solutions that
meet changing business needs.
* Perform all necessary discovery and fact-finding to fully
understand more complex business problems and opportunities and
independently execute all assignments.
* Analyze and recommend solutions to development and production
issues while effectively communicating to the project team,
applicable vendors and/or the manager in a timely manner.
* Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best
practices, with a focus on continuous learning and possible
application to the business.
* Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team
* Evaluate options and make a solution to buy vs. build
recommendations to management when requested.
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, mathematics or other
relevant technical field OR Associate s degree specifically in
computer science. Candidates with non-technical degrees may be
considered with the completion of a relevant technical
* 5 years of development experience.
* With no degree, 7 years of experience required.
* Direct experience with Ab Initio
* Experience collaborating effectively with vendors and business
partners for solution delivery.
* Experience with software development tools (i.e. Open Source,
Eclipse, Mulesoft Anypoint Studio, JBOSS DevStudio).
* Experience with a major relational database management system
preferred (i.e. DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata). Experience with
NoSQL databases is also a plus.
* Experience with Linux operating system is a plus.
* Experience with testing methodologies with the stated major
* Knowledge of messaging engines is helpful.
* Experience with RESTful services and JSON preferred.
* Cloud experience preferred (AWS, Hadoop, Hive or other BigData
* Strong problem-solving skills, with a focus on understanding
overall business issues and determining innovative solutions
* Familiar with current and emerging technologies and has the
willingness to investigate and suggest new technology to meet
* Must be able to understand and translate the business
requirements into technical specifications and also help with
testing the applications
* Must be able to adapt to Continuous Delivery build and deploy
* Working knowledge on Python is a plus
* Must be able to support the developed applications in Production
through the warranty period of the application.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina ("Blue Cross NC")
complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability or sex. Blue Cross NC does not exclude people or treat
them differently because of race, color, national origin, age,
disability or sex.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Sr. Ab Initio Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!