Manager, Lab IT
Posted on: May 24, 2020
World leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55
years, bioM--rieux conceives, develops, produces and markets
diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services)
intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine
the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of
patients and insure consumer safety.
bioM--rieux is present in 43 countries and services more than 160
countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its
corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Etoile, near Lyon, in
Joining bioM--rieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with
a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and
carried out with a humanistic corporate culture.
We look for candidates whose motivation is to invest in themselves,
in the projects of the future, and to participate in a collective
adventure led by a pioneering spirit.
We have the commitment to offer our collaborators a working
environment which encourages team spirit, with priority given to
training and development with international career
Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the
11,200 bioM--rieux employees who have already identified with these
bioMerieux has a position open for a Manager, Lab IT, to join our
team based in Durham, NC.
The Manager, Lab IT, will strategically manage activities
associated with the Lab IT team and partner with Field IT team to
effectively deliver IT solutions to ensure world class technical
customer service is provided for all internal and external
customers on all diagnostic test systems marketed by
- Lead Connectivity implementation processes and support
activities by coordinating in house and Field IT team members to
effectively deliver bioMerieux IT solutions.
- Establish and deliver Lab IT support, training, troubleshooting
and consultation to internal and external customers for diagnostic
test systems marketed by bioM--rieux.
- Provide leadership, enforce company policies and procedures,
facilitate communication among front line staff, set priorities and
coordinate teamwork among customer facing groups to achieve
- Identification of cross-functional needs, evaluation of
proposed solutions, development of implementation plans and
successful execution based on established timelines.
- Establish project implementation process, effectively manage
Lab IT projects, and drive completion of these projects to
completion by established timelines.
- Ensure proper training and development is provided for
employees. Motivate direct reports to achieve goals and objectives
through individual coaching team meetings.
- Manages the review cycle for all major communications between
Customer Service and customers and/or field sales to include
customer bulletins, product package inserts, training guides,
- Coordinate response to customer and sales force inquiries on
bioM--rieux Lab IT products and services.
- Provide performance feedback for the mid-year and year-end
review of direct reports and other department members through one
on one sessions.
- Determine best practices and work with department management to
align on identified best practice going forward.
- Motivate team members to achieve goals and objectives through
individual coaching, staff meetings and routine reporting;
implement corrective action process as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Medical
Technology, Business Management or related science.
- Minimum of five years' experience in technical service and
management experience in medical equipment, computer networking or
equivalent through advanced degrees.
- Experience with systems marketed by bioMerieux is
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Broad knowledge of Healthcare IT practices and
- Demonstrate ability to lead/manage projects and tasks assigned
- Exhibit advanced management, interpersonal, and leadership
skills to drive and develop cross-functional teams
bioM--rieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Keywords: Biom--rieux, Durham , Manager, Lab IT, IT / Software / Systems , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!