Cook - Full Time, Various Shifts
Company: Veritas Collaborative
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Cook - Full Time, Various Shifts DGL-Clinical, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America Req #145 Friday, January 25, 2019 About Veritas Collaborative Veritas Collaborative is a specialty hospital system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient's care is individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams - made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants - aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment. Our Culture We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure. We expect a lot out of our employees; that's why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you'll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don't have to be. Join us, and help us save lives. This position is responsible for preparing food of outstanding quality and taste to our patients, families and staff. This position may require interaction with patients and families and therefore requires strong communication skills and a professional image.
- Completion of any daily tasks for meal preparation, cooking or clean-up, or catering needs as assigned by the Chef or Sous Chef.
- Ensuring that meals are prepared following recipes explicitly.
- Tasting prepared meals to ensure that quality of food is as expected and immediately correcting issues with food quality and taste before providing to patients, staff or family.
- Ensure presentation of prepared foods meet highest quality standards required by organization at all times.
- Assists Chef or Sous Chef in culinary programming as directed.
- Assists the Chef or Sous Chef in maintaining all kitchen and dining areas, tools and equipment in a safe, functional and organized manner by reporting known issues and/or immediately correcting issues for which you are able.
- Notifying the Chef or Sous Chef when there are issues with inventory, equipment functionality, safety or sanitation. When possible, correct issues promptly if able.
- Ensure attendance and punctuality for assigned shifts so that patient care can remain a top priority.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility by:
- Efficiently using time each shift. Remaining on task and utilizing proper time management skills at all times.
- Providing to Chef any receipts for purchases made on behalf of the kitchen.
- Minimizing waste to the greatest extent possible while still maintaining safety of food.
- Maintain inventory by:
- Rotating inventory based on dates.
- Properly storing remaining food items or leftovers.
- Ensure the appropriate storage and temperature requirements are met for all inventory and left overs. All other duties as assigned by direct or indirect management. Specific skills
- Culinary degree or 1-2 years of culinary experience required.
- Servsafe certification or ability to obtain before or upon hire
- Strong understanding of sanitation and safety requirements in a hospital kitchen
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with peers, manager, patients and families
- Exercises good judgement regarding interpersonal interactions with peers, manager, patients and families at all times
- "Can Do" mentality that collaborates with others, removes barriers to efficiency
- Professional food service experience required, with experience in a healthcare or hospital setting preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills required. Veritas Collaborative is a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure. We expect a lot out of our Cook; that's why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you'll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don't have to be. At Veritas Collaborative, all full-time employees are eligible for benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Paid-Time Off and 401(k). Other details
Keywords: Veritas Collaborative, Durham , Cook - Full Time, Various Shifts, Hospitality & Tourism , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!