Production Shift Supervisor
Posted on: November 15, 2023
At Revlon, we create beauty innovations for everyone that
inspire confidence and ignite joy every day.
Breaking beauty boundaries is in our company's DNA. Since its
game-changing launch of the first opaque nail enamel in 1932 (and
later, the first long-wear foundation), Revlon has provided
consumers with high-quality product innovation, performance, and
sophisticated glamour. Elizabeth Arden made waves as a woman-led
beauty company in the 1920s. In 1931, Almay became the original
hypoallergenic, fragrance-free beauty brand.
Today, Revlon resiliently continues its legacy as a leading global
beauty company. Our diverse portfolio-which consists of some of the
world's most iconic brands and product offerings in color
cosmetics, skin care, hair color & care, personal care, and
fragrances-is sold around the world through prestige, professional,
mass, and direct-to-consumer retail channels. These brands include
Revlon, Revlon Professional, Elizabeth Arden, Almay, American Crew,
CND, Cutex, Mitchum, SinfulColors, Creme of Nature, Britney Spears,
Christina Aguilera, John Varvatos, Juicy Couture, Ed Hardy and
We honor our heritage, embrace change, and applaud diversity. We
champion our employees and celebrate our consumers.
We are Revlon, together, transforming beauty.
This role will guide, mentor, train, and coach his/her direct
reports to be productive, engaged, and quality contributors within
their team and the overall functional group. The supervisor will
communicate, assign, and monitor department goals, activities,
quality of work, and objectives to all team members. The supervisor
will also track and report any shortfalls in the progress of the
production schedule/and or plan.
Other critical responsibilities include:
- Lead and monitor daily production for assigned value
- Supervise and lead the activities associated with filing and
assembly by providing work direction, production schedules,
training for continuous improvement, and mentoring for assigned
- Understand and implement the business unit policies and
procedures driving associate with an emphasis on safety, quality,
teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Monitor compliance to ensure orders are completed on time and
desired finished goods inventory levels are maintained.
- Perform data collection and provide metrics and reporting as
- Communicate daily with Operations manager proactively providing
solution to problems and concerns
- Serve as Back up to the Operations Manager of the BU (as
- Assigns associates to the line, communicates necessary pass
up/pass down information necessary for proficient shift handoff,
ensures employees are working safely and compliant with plant
safety rules and GMP guidelines.
- Responsible for leading improvement projects and initiatives
aligned with the business strategic imperatives to include, but not
limited to: Safety, Employee Morale, Quality, Waste reduction,
Direct & Indirect Labor Costs, and OEE.
- Focus line ownership: Assessment of current state, establishing
targets, development of glide paths, develop and execute action
items and achieve targeted results.
- Establish staff and manpower requirements to achieve compliance
in meeting scheduled workloads. Ensure activities within the Unit
across all shifts comply with expectations set forth and are
consistent with Department objectives and policies. Ensure all
equipment is operational and performs within expected
- Solve production issues and drive continuous improvement,
reduce waste, minimize change-overs and machine down-time, ensure
all operation employees have defined job duties and expectations,
and are managed.
- Timely corrective action should take place when needed.
- Interface with all other sites functional areas as needed (HR,
Quality, WHSE, Planning, Payroll, etc.) Facilitates employee
communication meetings as necessary, staff lines effectively,
balancing Revlon full-time and temporary associates.
- Maintains good associate relations and morale.
- Attend various meetings to meet business needs. Supervise and
validate line performance during NPD trials.
Development of People:
- Strive to make the Oxford site a great place to work by:
proactively developing people (cross training, projects)
- Address all issues, concerns and disciplinary actions promptly
- Innovation - Provide challenges, changes, ideas and suggestions
to drive the organization forward.
- Provide/facilitate training as needed.
- Ensure that all appropriate records are accurate and maintained
- Ensures that plant procedures and policies are enforced
accordingly and drives accountability for those that are not in
- Facilitating employee feedback and annual performance reviews
- Ensure that associates are efficiently producing product
complaint with Revlon and governmental guidelines and
- Investigates and determines root causes and corrective actions
for product out of specifications.
- Interact with Quality to resolve problems or issues affecting
areas of responsibility.
- Maximize line uptime and throughout through efficient use of
associates and equipment.
- Ensures the product is being produced at the highest quality
- Review scrap and potential quality concerns and providing
- Review and sign appropriate paperwork.
- Ensures that all necessary paperwork is appropriately completed
in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Ensure paperwork is maintained and up to date as per company
requirements and policies.
- Work with quality resources as needed to implement any new
requirements due to new products or new regulations.
- Responsible for operational financial aspects of the shift
assigned: Control of Labor - Direct (productive effort); Indirect
(support effort); Nonstandard (Rework & First pass yield issues);
Material - performance to established standards & minimization of
- Prefer a 4 year BS or BA preferred degree in an engineering
discipline, but other areas of study will be considered with
appropriate and relevant experience and 5-7 years of experience
- Experience Proven track record of supervision of associates in
a production environment, preferably drug and/or cosmetic.
- Knowledge of production equipment, especially safe operating
techniques, product capabilities and troubleshooting methods.
- Must possess teamwork characteristics with the ability to
motivate, communicate and proactively develop associates.
- High level of personal commitment, motivation and intensity
with demonstrated leadership in a production environment.
- Knowledge and experience with operations in a FDA - GMP
- Significant communication skills - verbal and written.
* FT 02:30pm - 11:00pm Associated topics: assistant gm, business
coach, captain, district manager, executive team leader, fire
captain, planning operations, police captain, project manager,
Keywords: Revlon, Durham , Production Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Bullock, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!