Company: The Pit, Durham
Posted on: May 25, 2023
We are looking for--part-time--special event
Bartenders/Servers/Event Staff to help create an amazing guest
experience at weddings, receptions, parties, corporate events, etc.
The individual will assist with setting up and taking down tables
and chairs, buffet management, serving, bartending, table bussing,
directing guests to correct venue spaces and general cleaning
- Under the direction of an on-site supervisor, understand and
execute directions to flip a venue to a new floor plan by removing,
relocating, and/or replacing furniture and fixtures as outlined on
the floor plan.
- Direct guests to check-in tables, restrooms, and other
locations within the venue specific to that event.
- Prepare room for dining by setting tables and decorations,
condiments, candles, napkins, service buffets, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation,
safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for event patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve drinks
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails using accurate pours and
- Check customers identification and confirm it meets legal
drinking age according to ABC regulations
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Setup, manage, and break down --buffets
- Bus tables
- Take out trash and recycling
- Assist guests attending multiple events at a single venue to
help them find their way
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Ability to consistently lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push carts containing food and buffet items on flat,
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time (8+
- Ability to read and execute a floor plan.
- Positive attitude, teamwork, and excellent communication
- Knowledge of food safety standards - ServSafe certification a
- Resume and proven working experience as a bartender and/or
- Computer literacy; point of sale system experience- Aloha or
similar POS system.
- Ability to accurately count cash, make change, and manage
- --Work Schedule--
- Shifts vary but are often evenings and weekends.--
- Weekend availability preferred. Flexible schedule
- Typically at least 2 weeks notice of upcoming events.
- Events end by 11PM - no more 4am closing shifts!Required
- 21+ years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Retail skills: customer service
- Restaurant front of house skills: running food
- Restaurant front of house skills: bussing tablesPreferred
- 2+ years of experience in the hospitality industry
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Willing to wear face mask
- Restaurant front of house skills: bartending
- Restaurant front of house skills: catering service
- Restaurant front of house skills: point of sale (POS)
- Restaurant front of house skills: serving in fast casual
- Restaurant front of house skills: serving in fine dining
Keywords: The Pit, Durham, Durham , Event Bartender/Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...