FT- Charge Cook/ Dietary Aide
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description North Carolina Specialty Hospital (NCSH) is now
seeking qualified candidates for
Full-Time Charge Cook/ Dietary Aide (this position requires evening
and weekend availability)
JOIN OUR TEAM!
North Carolina Specialty Hospital (NCSH), has a long standing
tradition of providing quality care for our patients. Our state of
the art medical facility located in the Raleigh-Durham area
specializes in orthopedic, ophthalmology, ear, nose, and throat as
well as sports medicine, oral, plastic, podiatry, general
bariatric, interventional radiology, pain management, and
reconstructive surgery. We tailor our facility and resources to
best fit the needs of each. We are able to provide individualized
attention to each and every patient we serve, with physicians
providing personalized care.
Salary Range: $16.50- $21 depending on experience
NCSH offers competitive pay, full benefits package (including, but
not limited to: health, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance), 401K plans with company match and Paid Time Off.
This is a "hands-on", working supervisory position that includes
working with and providing oversight of, Dietary staff to
accomplish all aspects of food production for inpatients, cafeteria
food services and catering events. Under the direction of the
Nutrition Services Manager, this position involves provision of
direct patient care in clinical areas including: working with
patients to plan daily menus, ascertaining specific information
related to patients' food allergies, preferences, and cultural or
religious food-related practices. This position also involves
coordination with the Nutrition Services Manager to ensure listed
activities that facilitate the day-to-day operation of the
department occur as appropriate; particularly on nights and
weekends. These include: quality improvement and quality control
activities, conducting quarterly inventories, maintaining an
organized and clean work area, and complying with all guidelines of
local, state and federal and other regulatory agencies.
- Assists the Nutrition Services Manager in training new
employees for all items on the Dietary Department New Hire
- Provides input to Dept. Manager for employee performance
- Assists the Nutrition Services Manager in providing ongoing
competency training for all Dietary employees.
- Participates daily preparation of food items for patients, cafe
and catering events, following established guidelines for safe food
preparation and handling.
- Ensures meals for patients and staff are produced which meet
established standards and criteria for taste, appearance, diet
order, timeliness and food safety.
- Assists Nutrition Services Manager in conducting activities to
ensure department meets appropriate regulatory standards, including
those of the Joint Commission, Durham County Health Department, and
Department of Nutrition Services Environmental
- Assists the Chef in formulating accurate vendor orders that are
consistent with requirements of food production: menu, catering,
special functions, stock on hand, etc.
- Participates in direct patient activities: works with patients
to plan daily menus, ascertaining specific information related to
patients' food allergies, preferences, and cultural or religious
food-related practices. In planning menus, utilizes concepts of
age/developmental stages in interactions with patients and
families. On evenings and weekends, provides oversight of dietary
staff to ensure they are providing these services
- Assists the Nutrition Services Manager in conducting
performance improvement activities/ studies and special projects,
and in performing and documenting quality control activities such
as accurate completion of temperature and cleaning logs.
- Working in coordination with the Nutrition Services Director,
helps to oversee the performance of an annual inventory, including
inventory of emergency stock. Assists in maintaining emergency
inventory at stock par.
- Ensures staff appropriately receives late
afternoon/evening/weekend vendor deliveries and that the stock is
promptly put away, labeled and rotated. Ensures that products are
consistently and accurately dated per Health Department
- Ensures that dry storage areas, refrigerators and freezers are
maintained in clean, neat and orderly condition.
- Provides oversight to ensure evening and/or weekend staff
assignments are completed appropriately.
- Operates dish machine according to established procedures:
scrapes, rinses, and loads all trays, dishes, and utensils into
dish machine; removes all clean trays, dishes, and utensils from
dish machine; handles and stores all pieces in a safe and sanitary
way; records wash and rinse temperatures on temperature log; shuts
down and cleans dish machine properly.
- When operating cash register, demonstrates knowledge of cash
handling procedures including cash register reconciliation and
deposit control; ability to perform mathematical calculations such
as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and
- Provides suggestions for improvement of processes/services/menu
- Ensures timely and appropriate response to emergencies that
might arise; including contacting NCSH Maintenance staff or
contracted equipment repair provider.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to work independently and meet established
- Able to make sound reasonable decisions
- Ability to concentrate on many simultaneous detailed
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness; is
receptive to change, and exhibits creativity and
- Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful
situations with tact
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with
patients, patient's family members, physicians, and hospital
- Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed
- Ability to be flexible and take on new
- Effective communication skills; both orally and
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality
- Strong critical thinking skills.
Training & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum two (2) years of experience cooking in a healthcare
setting is preferred
- Current Serve Safe Certification required
COVID-19 safety precautions: mandatory staff vaccinations, face
masks, social distancing, terminal cleaning, patient testing, and
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Durham , FT- Charge Cook/ Dietary Aide, Hospitality & Tourism , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!