Food Service Sanitation Technician
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Duke Regional Hospital Duke Regional Hospital offers the
personal touch and hometown feel of a community hospital while
serving as an essential arm of internationally recognized Duke
University Health System. Duke Regional has served Durham, Orange,
Person, Granville and Alamance counties for more than 45 years. To
be successful at caring for our community and have a strong
reputation among patients who seek our care, we have 3,500 team
members who work together to provide exceptional, compassionate and
equitable healthcare 24/7. We are a place of learning and
acceptance for team members just starting their careers, as well as
an institution of family culture and professional development for
employees who have served for decades in our hospital units. Duke
Regional has 388 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of
medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics,
weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and vascular
services. We also offer care at our Duke Rehabilitation Institute,
Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center, Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center
Arringdon, Health Services Center, and Duke Behavioral Health
Center North Durham. In fiscal year 2021, Duke Regional Hospital
admitted 16,422 patients, performed 18,152 surgeries and welcomed
2,673 babies into the world. U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke
Regional Hospital as #9 in North Carolina and #4 in the
Raleigh-Durham area for 2021-22. The Human Rights Campaign
consistently names us a Healthcare Equality Leader, and we are a
Joint Commission-accredited and Magnet-designated hospital. - -Food
Service Sanitation Technician - -**Work Schedule is Monday-Friday
at 1PM/ET to 9:30PM rotating weekend schedule.** - -Occ Summary
-Depending on the size of the entity and department structure,
Level I and Level II may be combined.
-**Responsibilities will include floor care, deep cleaning, high
dusting, detailing production equipment, etc.** -Level I
- Perform routine tasks and manual work under immediate
supervision in support of hospital food service operations
- Operate dish machine, wash pots and perform heavy cleaning
- Transport equipment, food, supplies, and refuse as
- Perform a variety of tasks in preparation, service and delivery
of food products and/or service operations (i.e. prepare, mix,
assemble, portion, serve and store food as directed
- Receive inspect, store, secure disburse and control inventory
of food stuffs, supplies and equipment).
- Also, may function as a cashier when directed. -Work Performed
- Retrieve, collect, and transport food service supplies,
equipment and refuse as directed.
- Strip carts/trays, sort, rinse, dishes and silverware, operate
and unload dish machine, and store clean items; inspect washed
items for cleanliness and breakage.
- Clean and maintain dish machine; clean and sanitize assigned
- Washes pots, pans and equipment.
- Collect, sort and dispose of trash.
- Follow all safety procedures for using equipment and chemicals.
- In addition to the duties described in Level I, performs the
- May set up and serve food to patients and cafeteria customers
as specified by menus, ensuring that all food items are properly
portioned and handled within established sanitation standards.
- May operate and monitor proper functioning of food service
- Follow all safety procedures for using equipment and chemicals;
clean and sanitize equipment after use.
- May assist in tray line and/or cafeteria setup, ensuring that
quality standards are maintained and safe food handling guidelines
are adhered to.
- Detect and report improperly prepared food or food that does
not meet standards and/or defective/damaged merchandise and status
of all supplies in stock.
- May assist in the care and maintenance of work areas and alert
supervisors to problems as they arise.
- May place food and supply orders with approved vendors under
direction and guidance of Food Service Manager.
- May review stock levels of common food stuffs and advanced menu
items, conduct physical inventories and maintain inventory
- Unload incoming supplies and equipment.
- May transport food carts to assigned locations.
- May prepare and set up food items to be delivered to catering
functions as needed.
- May plan, organize and provide service for routine and more
complex catering functions.
- May work as needed for specially planned catering events.
- May maintain an accurate inventory of all catering
- May be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the
catering area.If functioning as a cashier:
- Calculate total cost of items on food tray
- Accept payment in cash or meal tickets.
- Ensure validity of meal cards.
- Total cash/tickets at end of work period; deposit money and
prepare deposit report sheet. -Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesLevel
- Ability to lift/push/ pull 50pounds.
- Ability to read/write and follow oral and written instructions.
-Level IISame as level I plus:
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer /cashier/calculator skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to operate food preparation equipment.
- Ability to prepare/handle food stuffs using safe food handling
- Ability to maintain inventory
Level Characteristics - -Level IHeavy cleaning duties -Level II
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain inventory -Required Minimum
QualificationsEducationN/A -ExperienceLevel INo previous food
service experience required. -Level IIWork requires six months of
food service experience. -Degrees, Licensures, CertificationsN/A -
-Job Code: 00004067 FOOD SERVICE ASSOCIATE
Job Level: B1 -Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without
regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. -Duke
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. -Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essential job functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Food Service Sanitation Technician, Hospitality & Tourism , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!