HOUSEKEEPER (FULL-TIME/2ND SHIFT (3P-11:30P, ALTERNATING WEEKENDS), DUKE REGIONAL *ANCHOR*
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Duke Regional Hospital has served Durham, Orange, Person,
Granville and Alamance counties and the surrounding communities for
nearly 40 years. With more than 1,900 employees, its focus is on
providing outstanding medical care with compassionate, personalized
service in a comfortable community hospital setting. Duke Regional
Hospital has 369 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of
medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics,
weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and vascular
services, and also offers care at the Duke Rehabilitation Institute
and Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center. In fiscal year 2018, Duke
Regional Hospital admitted 16,299 patients and had 165,953
outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017. - U.S. News & World Report
ranked Duke Regional Hospital as #10 in North Carolina and #4 in
the Raleigh-Durham area for 2018-19. -Occ Summary -Performs routine
manual housekeeping work cleaning areas within a DUHS entity. -
-Work Performed - -
- Empty trash.
- Clean, mop, scrub, sweep or vacuum floors, stairways, and
- Clean, wash, dust, or polish hardware, brass, furniture,
mirrors, bedside lighting fixtures, vents, radiators, and exteriors
of cabinets and equipment.
- Clean patient rooms and/or offices thoroughly by mopping
floors, washing furniture, scrubbing plastic cushions, frames and
cleaning and washing bathroom fixtures and walls. -
- Clean drinking fountains, ice-making machines and sand
- Clean blinds with damp cloth or vacuum.
- Report repairs needed to supervisors including broken or
cracked window panes, leaky faucets, toilets, loose tiles, broken
blinds and damaged furniture.
- Follow all universal precautions, blood borne pathogen
procedures and use personal protective equipment as needed while
cleaning patient care areas.
- May dust mop, wax and buff floors and shampoos carpets.
- May be required to perform 'Seven Step' cleaning of all
surgical areas, wall cleaning, machine scrubbing of floors (no
finish) and related tasks with particular attention to specialized
needs in the surgical area.
- Perform related duties as assigned. - -Knowledge, Skills and
Abilities - -
- Working knowledge of basic housekeeping and cleaning
- Ability to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and odor
control in work area.
- Ability to read, write and follow direct written and oral
- Ability to integrate age-appropriate response to the specific
needs of the patient and visitor.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other
employees. - -Level Characteristics - -N/A - - -Minimum
Qualifications - -Education - -N/A - -Experience - -N/A - -Degrees,
Licensures, Certifications - -If required to drive a DUHS vehicle,
must have a valid N.C. driver's license in their possession and a
good driving record. - Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. - Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essentialjob functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , HOUSEKEEPER (FULL-TIME/2ND SHIFT (3P-11:30P, ALTERNATING WEEKENDS), DUKE REGIONAL *ANCHOR*, Hospitality & Tourism , Efland, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!