Restaurant PM Server
Company: 21c Museum Hotels
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionIf you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with
the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for you.
Great tips!Reports To: Restaurant Managers, Food & Beverage
DirectorGeneral Purpose: The Restaurant Server is an engaging and
enthusiastic ambassador for the restaurant, intuiting the guest's
appetites through verbal and non-verbal cues, makes recommendations
and sells any item on the menu to even the most reluctant palate.
The Restaurant Server works accurately efficiently, expertly
prioritizes and works to exceed guest expectations. Specific
- Reports to work on time and ready to work scheduled shift.
- Follows all steps of service.
- Knows descriptions and ingredients of all menu items.
- Knows all wines by the glass and at least 5 wines in each
category on the wine list in varying price ranges and styles.
- Knows drinks names, ingredients, method of preparation,
appropriate glassware, and garnishes.
- Knows specialty beverages i.e. single malt scotches, cognacs,
specialty drinks, beer list, etc.
- Sells menu items with goal of increasing overall sales.
- Serves beverages and food in a cheerful and efficient
- Ensures that service station is properly stocked.
- Completes all posted side work.
- Maintains a positive, friendly attitude with co-workers &
- Provides prompt, accurate report of all income received during
- Maintains a clean, orderly appearance of the restaurant service
- Assists/executes any and all tasks as assigned by
- Follow all proper sanitation guidelines.Qualifications:
- Able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends).
- Responsible, dependable, punctual.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong communication skills; must be able to speak, read and
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for all things 21c.
- Familiar with and able to use POS systems.
- Must pass a background check.Education/Formal Training:
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Experience in an upscale dining environment preferred.Physical
- Must be able to carry full service tray comfortably.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.21c Museum Hotels is an
equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
Keywords: 21c Museum Hotels, Durham , Restaurant PM Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!