Company: 21c Museum Hotels
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionIf you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with
the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for you.
The starting wage for this position is great - and so are the
tips!Reports To: Restaurant ManagerGeneral Purpose: The Runner's
primary responsibilities include delivering food to patrons within
the restaurant, as well as taking orders and delivering food to our
hotel guests for room service. The Food Runner may also perform
other essential duties as required. Specific Responsibilities:
- Understands role within the steps of service.
- Promptly and courteously answering the phone for in-room dining
- Recording and entering in-room dining orders from guests into
- Setting up trays for in-room dining service, and delivering
food to hotel guests.
- Reports to work on time and ready to work scheduled shift.
- Delivers food from kitchen to dining room tables in a timely,
- Assists server with preparation of tables, service station, and
- Assists servers and busser with table clearing and side
- Communicates between kitchen and servers regarding the status
of each table and delivery of food.
- Assists supervisor and executes any and all tasks as
- When possible, assists chef and executes any and all tasks as
- Polishes silverware.
- Completes all sidework as outlined in manual.
- Maintains a positive, friendly attitude with co-workers and
- Maintains a clean, orderly appearance of the restaurant service
- Follow all proper sanitation guidelines.
- Exhibits strong food knowledge: knows menu descriptions for bar
and dining room.
- Assists with setting up the expo station and kitchen pass
(plateware, garnish, to go supplies)
- Assists with helping maintain the flow of service, reporting
back to chef on status of tables and fire timesQualifications:
- Able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends).
- Responsible, dependable, punctual.
- Strong communication skills; must be able to speak, read and
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for all things 21c.
- Must pass a background check.Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to carry full service tray comfortably.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.21c Museum Hotels is an
equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
Keywords: 21c Museum Hotels, Durham , Restaurant Runner, Hospitality & Tourism , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!