Team Leader- Manufacturing
Company: ABB Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Team Leader- ManufacturingTake your next career step at ABB with
a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and
industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB,
we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across
all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and
generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and
every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and
celebrates individual differences.ABB Distribution Solutions are a
global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering
pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care
about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer,
environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of
electricity. Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of
customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical
switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the
world's largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with
consumers, and automate complex industrial processes. The role
reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Mebane,
North Carolina. As a Team Leader- Manufacturing, you will be
responsible for driving & coordinating all activities of the
assigned production team to maximize output, customer satisfaction,
cycle and productivity.Your responsibilities
- Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and available
capacity into a production plan with a time-phased build
- Role models and supports a culture that holds team members
accountable for adhering to all job expectations and to all Company
and department policies and procedures.
- Routinely shares observations with Supervisor to improve
individual and team capability.
- Expresses policy and program concerns to management, rather
- Has zero tolerance for deviations from ABB Values.
- Follows all environmental and safety regulations affecting
- Acts and works safely; encourages safe practices and holds
others accountable for safety.
- Provides high quality documentation per area expectations.
- Role models proper communication practices.
- Routinely uses and encourages the use of procedures and
- Proactively redlines operating procedures or checklists to
maintain accurate documentation.
- Handles sensitive or confidential information
- Effectively communicates with maintenance and contractors
concerning jobs being performed within the Department.
- Knows and effectively uses knowledge of key parameters of every
unit operated and/or maintained and how to handle process upsets or
- Understand and consistently use problem solving and advanced
troubleshooting skills in your area; how to use them and what to do
if they aren't working.
- Recommend improvements to QMS, Training and other tools to
improve team member understanding.
- Actively troubleshoots and problem solves to correct minor
problems immediately and initiates corrective actions for larger
- Maintains awareness of current or potential process and/or
equipment issues under their area of responsibility.
- Reports errors and issues in reporting database or shift log
accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understands alarm system and emergency procedures within the
- Engages team members to understand the work environment, train
on specific tasks, develop trouble shooting expertise and/or
- Expects others to take responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Provides input to Supervisor on Team strengths and improvement
- Seeks to develop her/himself - continual learning.
- Actively teaches others and promotes team accomplishments.
- Reinforces team members for specific work and value added
- Develops relationships to promote teamwork between Teams and
- Completes assignments and projects on time.
- Effectively plans and organizes own work and the work of
others, as needed.
- Role models a high work ethic and expects the same from team
- Enters employee time in an accurate and timely manner.
- Exhibits an approach to daily routines which is consistent from
day to day to promote operational discipline and effective
- Authorized to legally work in the US.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Manufacturing.
- Prior Experience in Manufacturing Leadership a plus.
- Work effectively with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a high level of engagement.
- Adept problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and work
- Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global
business environment.More about usWe look forward to receiving your
application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another
look at our website .Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and
Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the
workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family
medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more
information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please
visit the following websites: As an Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review
the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between
the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by
contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-.Protected veterans and
qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may
request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR
Representative at 1- or by sending an email to . Resumes and
applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB Group, Durham , Team Leader- Manufacturing, Hospitality & Tourism , Mebane, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!