Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner FT DAYS
Company: Veritas Collaborative
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner FT DAYS RTP-Clinical, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America Req #13 Friday, January 25, 2019 About Veritas Collaborative Veritas Collaborative is a specialty hospital system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient's care is individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams - made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants - aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment. Our Culture We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure. We expect a lot out of our employees; that's why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you'll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don't have to be. Join us, and help us save lives. Veritas Collaborative is seeking a Nurse Practitioner for our facility in Durham. This is a full time opportunity.
- Two (2) or more years of previous independent practice, with an emphasis in hospital, complex medical condition, and/or psychiatric work preferred.
- Provide all aspects of patient medical healthcare, including diagnosis, treatments, and consultations in patients with eating disorders.
- Provide evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of a variety of Eating Disorder medical conditions.
- Diagnose and support the management of comorbidities and complications common to patients with eating disorders.
- Work closely with the Utilization Review team facilitating peer-to-peer insurance reviews, determination of appropriate levels of care, arbitration of clinical appeals, etc.
- Conduct initial medical evaluations.
- Prescribe and monitor medications.
- Provide direct medical services through the comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients, including prescribing and administering medications.
- Provide professional consultation to staff, participate in staff conferences, and serve on clinical committees.
- Handle medical and some psychiatric emergencies.
- Supervise and provide necessary medical services.
- Develop and supervise the treatment plans of assigned patients.
- Liaise with families of patients.
- Supervise and consult on medical screen reviews.
- Participate on quality assurance, educational, and professional committees as assigned by the Medical/Clinical Director.
- Maintain license and supervision requirements in association with Medical Director and Family Medicine Physician on site.
- Participate in program development with Medical Director as assigned.
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned.
- Participate in on call schedule rotation as required.
- Develop and/or participate in research protocols as approved.
- Provide medical education to family, patients, and staff, in formal groups and ongoing in formal or informal basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Veritas Collaborative is a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure. We expect a lot out of our Nurse Practitioners; that's why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you'll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don't have to be.
Keywords: Veritas Collaborative, Durham , Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner FT DAYS, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!