Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Duties Include but, not limited to:
- Primary focus of practice is the independent clinical evaluation of Veterans through their panel of patients including prevention and patient self-management. Comprehensive primary care will be provided to male and female Veterans.
- Promotes, directs, evaluates and is responsible for referral to management of clinical concerns that are found during these evaluations .
- Functions as a member of a Patient Aligned Care Team, collaborating with clinical and administrative support to provide timely, quality, coordinated care for Veterans .
- Utilizes and promotes approved standards of care, procedures, methods and techniques , safety precautions and protocols in their application to this population in all settings.
- Keeps abreast of latest trends , skills, procedures, and protocols relevant in the area of specialty and serves as a resource person for the medical center staff.
- May provide coverage in primary care clinics and Emergency Department across the Durham VA Health System as time and need arises. Acts as supervising and/or collaborating physician to NP/PA assigned Administrative:
- Assists with arranging continuity care across the VHA system as needed.
- Works to provide leadership on site to ensure care is completed in required timeframes.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities
- Participates and attends medical center committees as assigned by the Chief of Primary Care and the Associate Chief of Staff for Greenville HCC Education/Research:
- Educates clinical staff, including but not limited to physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, RNs, LPN and health care technicians in the theory, practice and implementation of shared medical appointments within the context of the Patient Aligned Care Team and Patient Centered Care transformations across all Durham VA primary care sites.
- Assures self-development responsibilities and maintains current knowledge of trends in clinical care and the theory, evidence base and implementation of shared medical appointments
- Participates in clinical research programs when appropriate.
- May supervise Internal Medicine Residents in their primary care clinic or their own primary care clinic.
- If involved in an outgoing research project, abides by all VA regulations governing research protocols/policies and/or procedures. Additional duties as required Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: 2 or more years primary care or internal medicine experience Current DEA license Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Physical Requirements: Lifting 15-44 pounds, carrying 15-44 pounds, Use of Fingers, Near Vision correctable 13"-16" Jeager 1-4, both eyes required, depth perception, hearing aid permitted. Must be able to communicate, ability to use computer.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Durham , Physician, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!