Medical Lab Scientist PRN
Company: Maria Parham Health
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Maria Parham HealthWho We Are:People are our passion and
purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not
just what you can do. With 205 licensed beds, Maria Parham Health
is equipped for every health care need one can encounter. We are
fully licensed by Joint Commission, the College of American
Pathologists, and Rated Highest in Patient Safety from
Leapfrog.Where We Are:Henderson offers a great outdoors, including
the region's largest lake, providing endless hours of fun boating,
fishing, skiing and camping. Throw in great golfing, hunting and
two fantastic recreational organizations and you may find yourself
having a hard time deciding what to do next!Why Choose Us: - Health
(Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
- Competitive Paid Time Off, PTO cash out, and PTO donation
programs - Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and
financial wellness assistance - Loan Repayment and Tuition
Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants - Robust employee
recognition and awards programs - And much more---Position
Summary:Performs diagnostic testing on patient samples to aid
physicians in the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various disease
states.Reports to: Director of Laboratory
- Verifies patient and specimen identification before performing
- Follows specimen rejection policies and procedures.
- Follows standardized procedures and helps prepare samples for
- Collects samples and analyze bodily fluids and substances for
abnormalities. Collects blood and study blood samples used in
- Operates laboratory equipment in a high-quality, effective
- Analyzes test results for accuracy, acceptability, and critical
limits, and reports/documents results per organizational
- Performs automated tests using computerized instruments &
- Performs manual tests based on detailed instructions from a
- Runs tests and analyzes the results to be reported to the
patient, physician or registered nurse.
- Performs Quality Assurance work to ensure accuracy of
- Maintains technical knowledge and problem solving skills to
resolve instrumentation, testing or QC problems.
- Resolves technical problems and ensures that remedial actions
are taken whenever test systems deviate from policies and
- Establishes and monitors quality control programs under
technical supervisor's directions.
- Sets up new procedures and instrumentation under technical
- Utilizes the laboratory and hospital QA/PI plans to continually
improve processes and designs.
- Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies and takes steps to
- Assists with the teaching and training of new employees and may
be designated to verify competencies.
- Assists supervisor with management of operations, human
resources, and finances.
- Other duties assigned.
Associate's Degree with medical technician training and 5 years
experience in medical laboratory required
Bachelor of Science or MT Degree with medical technology clinical
training preferredCertifications: MLS (ASCP) (NCA or HEW MT
certification accepted prior 2010) -Required Skills
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.Maria Parham Health is
committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all
applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws
prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for
employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national
origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Maria Parham Health, Durham , Medical Lab Scientist PRN, Healthcare , Henderson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!