Medical Assistant, Certified-Specialty Engagement Center-Asthma, Allergy,& Airway (Commitment Bonus)
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: November 18, 2023
As a part of Duke Health's outpatient clinic network, you will
enjoy competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plans,
convenient work hours, and many opportunities for career
advancement. Become a part of a team that values and invests in
you. JOB LOCATION: Specialty Engagement Center - 4825 Creekstone
Drive , Raleigh, NC $5,000 Commitment Bonus Eligible Paid out in 2
equal installments over 12 months in 6-month increments (6 months
and 12 months). Only new hires who have not worked for Duke
University Health System in the past 12 months (at the time of
offer) are eligible to receive the sign-on bonus. JOB SUMMARY: We
are seeking a Medical Assistant, Certified to be an integral member
of the healthcare team and provide direct and indirect care to
patients at the Specialty Engagement Center at 4825 Creekstone
Drive in Durham, NC. This position would offer opportunities for
professional growth and development, through encouragement for
advancement on the CMA clinical ladder and participation in
educational opportunities. This role is a hybrid position, which
provide the opportunity to work from home a few days a week. JOB
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Medical Assistant in the Specialty Engagement Center will
answer incoming calls for ambulatory clinics in an assigned
specialty area and performs administrative and patient care
supportive duties under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Routes messages in EPIC assists with medication refills, and
performs other duties as needed.
- Acts as a patient advocate for patients and patient needs
- Responds to patient requests for health information.
- Reports obtained medical information from patients and
referring physicians accurately, completely and timely.
- Disseminates messages according to standard work in assigned
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned, and sensitive response in
the work environment
- Interacts with patients, providers, community services and all
personnel in a professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates respect for individual, cultural, and social
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patients,
- EPIC experience preferred JOB ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program accredited
by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education
Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA required.
Please indicate on resume which certification you have, the
certification number, and expiration date.
- BLS required JOB HOURS: The schedule for this position is
8:00am-4:30pm or 8:30am-5:00pm Monday - Friday with no weekends or
call. Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires
to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs
at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include
essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental
abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for
reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Medical Assistant, Certified-Specialty Engagement Center-Asthma, Allergy,& Airway (Commitment Bonus), Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!