Reg Respiratory Therapist
Company: Maria Parham Health
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Job DescriptionThe RRT Examines patients with breathing-related
conditions and conducts diagnostic testing. -Consults with
physicians to develop and implement a treatment plan for the
patient. -Performs physiotherapy and other treatments and teaches
patients to use medications. -Additional Job Duties:
- Measures lung capacity and analyzes blood samples using a blood
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of
care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as
- Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on
patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
- Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses
patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and
provides information about community support groups and other
- Monitors, receives, stocks, and distributes respiratory care
supplies and medical gas cylinders.
- Maintains storage areas with required supply levels and
- Disassembles, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, and performs
preventative maintenance and calibration of machines.
- Calibrates ventilators, disassembles, and cleans, tags and bags
clean equipment.*$10,000 Signing Bonus for Eligible Experienced
Professionals.*$5,000 Signing Bonus for Eligible New Graduates
Job RequirementsMinimum Education
Graduate of a Respiratory Care Program of Study for an Advanced
Practice Level Respiratory Therapist, with an A. A.S. degree, or
Certification of Graduation.Required Skills
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate action.Required
Basic Life Support (BLS) required. Advanced Cardiovascular Life
Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support required within
six (6) months from hire. Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) is
Licenses: Registered or Certified Respiratory Therapist license is
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment
Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee
or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age,
religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Maria Parham Health, Durham , Reg Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Henderson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!