Medical Assistant, Certified - Dermatology Clinic 3K
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
As a part of Duke Health's outpatient clinic network, you will
enjoy competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plans,
convenient work hours, and many opportunities for career
advancement. Become a part of a team that values and invests in
you. -JOB LOCATION:Derm 3k Dermatology Clinic 3K - 40 Duke Medicine
Cir, Durham, NC -JOB SUMMARY:The Medical Assistant, Certified
(CMA/RMA)role at Clinic 3K provides clinical support for the
dermatology providers and their patients. - This support includes
both direct and indirect patient care activities to sustain the
clinical operations and meet the needs of the providers, their
patients and the clinic. - The CMA in Clinic 3K will be assigned in
clinical staffing roles, providing direct patient care and
administrative CMA roles supporting indirect patient care duties. -
- The CMA role will rotate between administrative and clinical
roles at a quarterly minimum, but can rotate more frequently as
clinic needs dictate. Rotations are subject to completion of
orientation, validation of competencies, availability of providers,
availability of staff and proven ability to multi-task and manage
time well independently. - - Rotation between roles will be subject
to management discretion. -JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to Joint Commission, Environment of Care and Infection
Prevention guidelines reviewed in monthly EOC, TJC and IPL
- Set up for sterile procedures.
- Prepare a sterile instrument tray
- Clean and package surgical instruments for sterilization.
- Assist provider with the following procedures: Shave biopsy,
Punch biopsy Excisions, ED&C, Cryotherapy, Unna Boots.
- Review the New/Return patient form with the patient
- Complete global assessment for every return patient
- Complete a learning assessment for every patient on each
- Assisting in tracking infection rates during suture
- Record vital signs, medication reconciliation and allergy
identification. - -JOB ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program
-accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health
Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA required.
-Please indicate on resume which certification you have, the
certification number, and expiration date.
- BLS required -JOB HOURS:The schedule for this position is day
shifts, Monday-Friday, with no weekends or holidays. - Duke is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Medical Assistant, Certified - Dermatology Clinic 3K, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!