Medical Assistant II Certified - UNCPN Orange Family Medical
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Description UNCPN Orange Family Medicine has been a clinic that has been serving the community for over 44 years. This location serves a diverse range of patients ranging from all around the Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and surrounding areas. Our patients range from all ages and backgrounds anywhere from infants to 99+. In this clinic we also provide acute care procedures such as wrapping sprained ankles, stiches, etc. This location also prides itself on the ability to provide telemedicine which has become a huge part of today's world. **Medical Assistants for this position are eligible for our Medical Assistant, Certified commitment incentive program ($5,000 paid over a 3 year commitment.) Learn more here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-ma-commitment Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
The Medical Assistant II, Certified provides routine clinical and administrative support to providers and other health care team members in an outpatient clinic setting. Works under the clinical supervision of the provider for patient care activities, and under the general direction of the designated manager/supervisor.
1. Performs rooming and/or intake process, collecting and data, including vital signs, height, weight, and data related to patient's reason for visit.
2. Collects patient and family data, including medical and social history.
3. Reviews patient's current medication list, allergies and preferred pharmacy.
4. Assists the provider as directed, during treatments, examinations and procedures.
5. Collects specimens and performs phlebotomy.
6. Administers medications under the direction of a provider.
7. Performs tests, for examples EKG, eye exams, under the direction of a provider.
8. Reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires any routine health screenings.
9. Ensures exam/procedure room contains appropriate supplies, equipment, forms and educational materials are available and ready for use during visit/procedure.
10. Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or procedural instructions and/or educational materials as directed.
11. Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment rooms.
12. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
13. Assists with patient registration, check in/check out, appointment scheduling, and scheduling of tests and treatments, and referrals.
14. Answers clinic telephone and assists in-basket under the direction of a provider or nurse.
15. Assists in emergency situations as directed by a provider or nurse.
16. Additional Essential Responsibilities of a Credentialed Medical Assistant II may include: -Precepts new medical assistant/credentialed medical assistant hires and medical assistant externs-Trains other medical assistants in clinic procedures-Assists the physician with maintaining preventive health measures for a panel of patients.-Performs clinic based quality or safety role (ex. clinic safety coordinator, maintains immunization or medication registry, performs medication, or other required audits) -Manages clinic supply ordering
Other InformationOther information:
* Requires high school diploma or GED.
* Completion of a Medical Assisting program accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) is strongly preferred but not required.
* Requires Medical Assistant certification by either the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Health Career Association (CCMA), National Association of Health Professionals (NRCMA), or National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA).
* Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Association required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Possess at least one year of full-time experience as a Credentialed Medical Assistant.
* Demonstrate possession of the competencies outlined in the Credentialed Medical Assistant Advancement Worksheet through their application and interview.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as outlined above.
* Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
* Ability to use a computer to document required information into the electronic medical record.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Orange Family Medical Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of Job: US:NC:HillsboroughExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [emailprotected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Durham , Medical Assistant II Certified - UNCPN Orange Family Medical, Healthcare , Hillsborough, North Carolina
here to apply!