Medical Scribe - UNC Physician Network - Orange Family Medical
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
The Medical Scribe is a person present during a provider's performance of clinical services and who documents in the medical record on behalf of the provider what was said during the service, as well as the activities performed by the provider. The ideal candidate may have a scribe and medical terminology experience.
Hours: 8am - 5pmResponsibilities:
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Enter data into the electronic medical record, ensuring the EMR is complete and accurate.
3. Gather and document clinical information from other current or historical records under the direction of the provider.
4. Perform other duties that improve the efficiency of the provider such as, assisting with medication reconciliation, documenting procedures, and providing communication assistance (message to other providers, scanning, printing or copying medical records).
5. Must complete annual HIPPA, patient confidentiality and scribe training requirements and sign a confidentiality agreement.
Other InformationOther information:
* High School diploma or GED.
* Prefer CMA
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Medical terminology education, CNA, CMA or other medical experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Orange Family Medical Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of Job: US:NC:HillsboroughExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [emailprotected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Durham , Medical Scribe - UNC Physician Network - Orange Family Medical, Healthcare , Hillsborough, North Carolina
here to apply!