Triage Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) - DUH - Neurology - Offsite Morreene Rd. Clinic - Durham
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the
best in the United States and is known around the world for its
outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University
Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive
diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional
emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65
operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital
outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an
extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For
2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University
Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology &
heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat,
gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology &
neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area. -In
addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive,
geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that
include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty
clinics and outpatient surgery centers. -Duke Nursing
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility) -Duke's Offsite
Neuro Clinic seeks to hire a -Triage Registered Nurse -who will
embrace our mission of -Advancing Health Together. -Department
Summary:The Neuro Clinic - Patient population includes a variety of
different neurological disorders, including Headache, ALS,
Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, movement disorders, and
memory disorders such as Alzheimer's. The clinic -includes Physical
and Occupational Therapists -specialized in the treatment of
patients with Neurological and Pain Disorders, as well as specialty
Psychiatrists and Psychologists.
Work Hours & Shifts:Full-time, Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
No weekends or HolidaysWe do not offer remote or hybrid for this
position; it is full time in the office -Address:932 Morreene Rd,
Durham, NC 27705 -Parking:Free and available! -Minimum Requirements
- Graduation from an Accredited Practical Nurse Program.
- Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure is required.
- 1+ years of previous LPN experience is preferred.
- BLS certification is required.
- Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required -Duties and
- Provide and document direct nursing care of assigned patients
under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Nursing
care is guided by the physician orders and the nursing plan of
care. Patient response to care is reported to a registered nurse
for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
Assist other health care personnel in the delivery of patient
- Assist physicians and other nursing personnel in the
performance of various diagnostic procedures.
- Evaluate nursing care with emphasis on nursing procedures and
patient responses; assist in the delivery of nursing care and
selection of nursing priorities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of general
policies and procedures to provide for the emotional and physical
comfort and safety of patients; participate in the formulation of
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including
equipment and other material resources.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and assists in performance
- Assist with control of material resources and maintenance;
assist in appraisal of effectiveness of material and equipment and
report any equipment malfunctions to charge nurse.
- Participate in in-service education programs and other
conferences within the service.
- Assist in the training of new employees.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein. - Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. - Duke
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. - Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essentialjob functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Triage Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) - DUH - Neurology - Offsite Morreene Rd. Clinic - Durham, Healthcare , Efland, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!