Sonographer - Duke Regional Hospital - Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday 8am-6:30pm/9am-7:30pm
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Duke Regional Hospital offers the personal touch and hometown
feel of a community hospital while serving as an essential arm of
internationally recognized Duke University Health System.
Duke Regional has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and
Alamance counties for more than 45 years. To be successful at
caring for our community and have a strong reputation among
patients who seek our care, we have 3,500 team members who work
together to provide exceptional, compassionate and equitable
healthcare 24/7. We are a place of learning and acceptance for team
members just starting their careers, as well as an institution of
family culture and professional development for employees who have
served for decades in our hospital units.
Duke Regional has 388 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive
range of medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including
orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and
vascular services. We also offer care at our Duke Rehabilitation
Institute, Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center, Duke Ambulatory
Surgery Center Arringdon, Health Services Center, and Duke
Behavioral Health Center North Durham. In fiscal year 2021, Duke
Regional Hospital admitted 16,422 patients, performed 18,152
surgeries and welcomed 2,673 babies into the world.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as in North
Carolina and in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2021-22. The Human
Rights Campaign consistently names us a Healthcare Equality Leader,
and we are a Joint Commission-accredited and Magnet-designated
This Position is Eligible for A Sign on Bonus
Hours: Weekdays - 4-10 Hour Shifts
General Description of the Job Class
Operation of sonographic equipment, perform and communicate results
of diagnostic examinations using sonography.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic ultrasound
- Exams include, but may not be limited to, abdominal, vascular,
small parts, ob-gyn, vascular, infant head/hip/spine, and
- Follow established departmental policy.
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and
adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological,
diagnostic information and images.
- Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to
accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic
- Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and
medical history, and communicates findings to the Radiologist.
- Assume responsibility for the safety, mental and physical
comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer's care.
- Communicate effectively with the patient and the health care
team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations
and patient's needs.
- Assists with the daily operations of the ultrasound
- Completes exam tracking/billing accurately on a daily
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area, and maintains
- Establishes and maintains productive ethical working
relationships with coworkers, referring providers and commercial
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Assist in training of ultrasound students during clinical
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Proficient in the performance of ultrasound procedures and does
not require assistance from fellow sonographers.
- Provide direction and instruction to existing personnel and
training to new sonographers.
- Assist in teaching of ultrasound technology to new physicians,
residents, and fellows.
- Coordinates with other staff to assure appropriate patient care
- Reports equipment failures to the appropriate supervisor or
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein DUHS
offers career growth and enrichment within Imaging services. There
is a clinical ladder program with various steps and opportunities
at each hospital within the health system.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program that is
accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
Education Programs (CAAHEP) is required (may substitute with ARDMS
certification on or before December 31, 2000)
Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography is
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
- Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME)
requirements for specialty (ies) as appropriate.
- Level I Must obtain ARDMS certifications in the following
(Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular) as required by each entity within 18
months of employment.
- Level II Minimum of two years' experience as a
- Level III A minimum of four years' experience within specialty
modality in which they are seeking promotion
- BLS certification Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Sonographer - Duke Regional Hospital - Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday 8am-6:30pm/9am-7:30pm, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!