Registered Nurse II DPC-Durham Pediatrics, Durham, NC
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Duke Primary Care
2609 N Duke
For details, click on link- DPC Durham Pediatrics
Duke Primary Care Duke Primary Care is a broad network of
community-based clinics that offer family medicine, internal
medicine, pediatric, and urgent care services. With 400 providers
in nearly 50 locations, Duke Primary Care is the largest primary
care network in the greater Triangle. Our network saw more than
750,000 patient encounters in fiscal year 2021.
Our Duke Primary Care clinics provide personalized care for adults
and children, from sick visits to preventive care, health
screenings to immunizations, and annual exams to chronic disease
management. Select primary care clinics also provide behavioral
health, diabetes education, pharmacy, and other population health
services. Duke Primary Care clinics are accredited and designated a
Primary Care Medical Home by The Joint Commission.
Our Duke Urgent Care centers offer evaluation and treatment for
minor illnesses and injuries 12 hours a day, seven days a week when
a patient----- s primary care provider is not available. Services
also include certain physical exams and vaccinations. A pediatric
specialist is available at select locations. Patients can walk in
to one of our nine urgent care centers located throughout the
greater Triangle or can schedule a virtual visit to receive care
from the comfort of home.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital areconsistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Registered Nurse II-DPC- Durham Pediatrics-Durham, NC
- Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for
patients in accordance with physician orders and established
policies and procedures.
- Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance
with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of
Nursing. Work Performed
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care
utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with
physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Use professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of
care based on assessment of the patient's baseline needs and
response to care.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed
and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the de livery of nursing care
and act as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or
an entire unit as assigned.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the
environment of care including equipment and material
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Act as preceptor and support the development of other staff and
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and in performance
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical
nurse and NCA Knowledge of and appropriate application of the
nursing process Knowledge of professional theory, practice and
- Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill
patients and their families.
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships Ability to communicate clearly with patients,
- Health care team, physicians, administrators, leadership and
- Ability to teach patients and families in accordance with the
nursing plan of care.
- Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and
prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
- Ability to use fine motor skills.
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support
requirements designated by work area.
- Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of
care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient
- Ability to use computer and learn new software programs.
- Able to document and communicate pertinent information using
computer and/or paper documentation tools.
- Ability to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to remain focused and organized.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in
administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other
regulatory requirements Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing
Required. Level Characteristics
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's
Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses
without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required
to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years oftheir
start date and to complete the program within five years of their
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a
manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are
exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North
Carolina. BLS required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Registered Nurse II DPC-Durham Pediatrics, Durham, NC, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!