Experienced RN/Registered Nurse - Transfer Center - Duke University Hospital - Durham, NC
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Duke University Hospital Duke University Hospital is
consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is
known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking
research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient
beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic
facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major
surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery
center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with
nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional
radiology area. For , U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke
University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer,
cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose &
throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology &
neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive,
geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that
include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty
clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! Duke University Health System - Duke
University Hospital seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse,
RN who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives, Transforming
The Duke Transfer Center at Duke University Hospital seeking a
qualified nurse. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care
for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every
time. Ideal applicants would have excellent computer and phone
skills and be able to communicate effectively with a
Work Hours & Shifts:
Day or Night shift available 7p - 7a or 7a-7p
3 - 12 hour shifts per week
Weekend Option or alternate schedule may be available upon manager
With thousands of requests handled per year, the Duke Health
Transfer Center is the patient and provider link to world-renown
patient and family centered care. With strengths of teamwork,
inter-disciplinary communication and collaboration, the Transfer
Center offers a dynamic environment for ongoing development of the
experienced Registered Nurse. Our dedicated team provides 24/7
coverage to support the transfer needs of patients while networking
with our internal and external customers.
The ideal Transfer Center team member would have experience in the
critical or emergency care setting and an understanding of how to
navigate complex medical systems with a focus on patient centered
care. Engagement with providers from across the world requires an
understanding of diverse patient populations which include
medicine, general & specialty surgical services,
neurology/neurosurgery, oncology, gynecology, urology, orthopedics
and more for patients from birth through geriatrics. Current
opportunities allow for flexible scheduling options to meet the
needs of the department.
1. Systematic processing of patient acuity and expert level of
clinical decision making.
2. Ability to sort through all patient information and formulate an
accurate picture of the patient and his/her condition for the Duke
MD's and nurses. Resource allocation
3. Collaborate with PRMO to ensure that the patient's insurance is
accurate and viable. (Red Flag patients that need Medicaid or other
4. Provide a team approach to Trauma care - Emergency Department
M.D.'s, ER R.N.'s, Communications, Trauma surgeon, and Life-Flight
5. Coordinate with Bed Control and Communications for timely
transfer and appropriate bed assignment.
6. Consultant for Duke and referring physicians, NP's, PA's and
families and other departments.
7. Decision maker for primary referral sources and self payers in
Duke's primary referral network.
8. Decision maker for transport/triage patients.
9. Provide call critical care triages to the ICU's.
10. Provide after hours Medical records request and retrieval.
11. Conduct insurance screenings after hours.
12. Enter patient data in IDS, Wellsoft, DHIS, and Transfer Center
Lotus software for data collection and statistical analysis.
13. Provide on-line status reports through AOL with Bed Control,
Transfer Center, and Communications.
14. Provide morning conference call reports with satellite Clinical
Operations Directors and Senior Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Three years of Critical Care or Step Down or ED nursing
- Knowledge of Duke Health System hospitals and patient care
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or
higher is required Licensure, Certification or Registration
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing
as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure
to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required Duke is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment
opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color,
disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Experienced RN/Registered Nurse - Transfer Center - Duke University Hospital - Durham, NC, Healthcare , Efland, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!