IT Analyst - Level II - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized
division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the
development and management of enterprise IT systems. A 2018 'Most
Wired' health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and
information management as the first healthcare system to achieve
the Davies Award - highest honor by the Healthcare Information and
Management Systems Society (HIMSS) - for inpatient, ambulatory and
analytics health information technology capabilities. Our employees
are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner
with leading scholars, clinicians, and researchers across Duke
University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that
support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today.
Position Summary: The IT Analyst demonstrates knowledge and proven
application of knowledge within a specific Information Technology
disipline(s). Work Performed
- Individual contributor that performs under limited supervision.
Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understaqnd
specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
- Management of large databases on Oracle - including backup &
recovery, performance analysts, tuning, capacity planning/forecast
- Actively monitor the database environment to ensure optimal
performance and to prevent production issues
- Administration of ASM, RAC and Exadata.
- Experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL is also preferred.
- On-Call Support on a rotational basis including off hours and
- Collaborate with Core IT Operations and T3 DBAs as well as
Application Owners in troubleshooting database and application
- Write user documentation to maintain standards and
- Team work and communication skills.
- Maintains a level of exposure to external industry and market
- Performs and coordinates simple to complex projects with
- Optimizes internal resources to maximize team
- Leads peers to resolve complex issues consistent with
- Serve as a technical resource for discipline in a
- Effectively communicate specific IT issues/solutions to
clients. Required Qualifications Education/Training:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of
equivalent technical experience required. Licensure/Certification:
- Credential requirements will vary, depending on work area.
- Two years of -related experience is required. Preferred
- Keeps current on new industry trends in a specific discipline
and applies appropriate new technologies and best practices to
specific discipline or functional area.
- Takes personal responsibility for taking actions on projects
that result in solutions that truly address customer needs.
- Understands when to request supervisor involvement in
programming related matters.
- Considers impact to others and current processes within
discipline prior to taking action.
- Adapts individual work style and reprioritizes assignments as
changes in department or project goals or requirements are
- Independently completes complex tasks and portions of larger
- Identifies and uses appropriate resources to accomplish tasks
and build individual and team knowledge.
- Suggests new approaches to accomplishing individual
responsibilities or team assignments.
- Accomplishes assignments/project objectives through keeping
people focused on the solution and the team informed of project
- Shares information and solicits input and ideas from other team
- Persuades team members to use different work
steps/methodologies to accomplish assignments.
- Promotes the goals of the initiative, setting aside
departmental or functional biases to achieve objectives.
- Delivers systems or programs that are completed on time and
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering quality work even when
faced with difficulties or over a longer-term project.
- Possesses advanced knowledge and proven application of it
within a specific discipline.
- Provides assistance to project team members in accomplishing
technical or programming-specific tasks.
- Independently completes complex tasks and portions of larger
- Realistically evaluates own progress against expectations/goals
and takes necessary actions to address developmental needs or
- Develops realistic project plans for assigned tasks or portions
of larger projects and modifies plan as requirement changes are
- Obtains necessary information/data to complete assignments
independently or as part of a project team.
- Understands client/project issues to develop moderately complex
solutions within a single discipline.
- Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and/or
project team and customers to effectively complete team goals and
- Builds strong working relationships with members of his/her
team and interacts and establishes relationships with individuals
in other teams or departments as needed.
- Comprehensive understanding of underlying technologies that
support the application.
- Comprehensive understanding of the deployment process and
methodologies. Extensive knowledge of one or more multiple
frameworks and high-level programming languages.
- Ability to write software that optimizes leverage of the
underlying technologies (e.g.,Phusion, TCP, sockets).
- Comprehensive understanding of common algorithms and patterns
and ability to apply them appropriately.
- Strict adherence to agreed-upon coding standards.
- Demonstrated proficiency in refactoring code and developing
- Ability to design systems that span multiple
- Ability to write technical documentation describing system
architecture, including functional and technical
- Demonstrated ability to coach more junior members of the team
in a constructive manner.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight that are
normal in scope. Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without
regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs
at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include
essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental
abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for
reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring
Keywords: Dukehealth.org, Durham , IT Analyst - Level II - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!