IT Analyst - Level II - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized
division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the
development and management of enterprise IT systems. A 2018 'Most
Wired' health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and
information management as the first healthcare system to achieve
the Davies Award - highest honor by the Healthcare Information and
Management Systems Society (HIMSS) - for inpatient, ambulatory and
analytics health information technology capabilities.
Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle
and partner with leading scholars, clinicians, and researchers
across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative
technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's
The Application Analyst for Enterprise System Monitoring is
responsible for the administration and maintenance of monitoring
solutions that provide awareness for servers, networks, databases,
security, performance, websites and applications.
The Application Analyst will also be involved in aspects of
programing and cloud.
Application analysts are responsible for the administration,
monitoring and maintenance of software infrastructures and
You'll oversee practices and processes to ensure integrity, safety
and availability of all data and applications as part of an
organization's information systems. You'll make sure that the
processes needed for a business to function and succeed are running
smoothly, acting as a technical point of contact to fix application
and systems issues - usually on an immediate basis.
In this role, you'll work within IT departments alongside
application developers and software engineers. You could also be
- Programing in Python or PowerShell
- Configuring native cloud security tools (aws, azure, or
- Training and support of staff in using applications
- Analysis and diagnosis of application errors
- Problem resolution in both the long and short term
- Design and development of existing and new applications
- Road testing and implementation of new applications. Job titles
vary and include titles such as problem analyst, technical adviser
and system analyst. Although there may be slight variations in
responsibilities, the core activities between these are likely to
- Research and promote the adoption of application development
best practices that could benefit Duke.
- Develop automated solutions to inefficient or repetitive
application development tasks.
- Contribute to the development of several products within a
given technical domain.
- Identify frameworks and tools that are best suited for the task
- Write technical specifications, given functional
- Refactor code to share methods and plug-ins wherever
- Research and promote the adoption of automated testing tools
and techniques that could benefit Duke.
- Diagnose problems with existing application code and develop
technical solutions that resolve the problems.
- Assist with in-depth analysis of technical problems, suggest
short-term and long-term resolutions.
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of
equivalent technical experience required.
- None required.
- Two years of directly related experience is required.
- Preferred certification in development technologies, as
appropriate for the position. Skills
- Keeps current on new industry trends in a specific discipline
and applies learnings to assignments.
- Takes personal responsibility for taking actions on projects
that result in solutions that truly address customer needs.
- Understands when to request supervisor involvement in
programming related matters.
- Considers impact to others and current processes within
discipline prior to taking action.
- Adapts individual work style and reprioritizes assignments as
changes in department or project goals or requirements are
- Independently completes complex tasks and portions of larger
- Identifies and uses appropriate resources to accomplish tasks
and build individual and team knowledge.
- Suggests new approaches to accomplishing individual
responsibilities or team assignments.
- Accomplishes assignments/project objectives through keeping
people focused on the solution and the team informed of project
- Shares information and solicits input and ideas from other team
- Persuades team members to use different work
steps/methodologies to accomplish assignments.
- Promotes the goals of the initiative, setting aside
departmental or functional biases to achieve objectives.
- Delivers systems or programs that are completed on time and
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering quality work even when
faced with difficulties or over a longer-term project.
- Possesses advanced knowledge and proven application of it
within a specific discipline.
- Provides assistance to project team members in accomplishing
technical or programming-specific tasks.
- Independently completes complex tasks and portions of larger
- Realistically evaluates own progress against expectations/goals
and takes necessary actions to address developmental needs or
- Develops realistic project plans for assigned tasks or portions
of larger projects and modifies plan as requirement changes are
- Obtains necessary information/data to complete assignments
independently or as part of a project team.
- Understands client/project issues to develop moderately complex
solutions within a single discipline.
- Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and/or
project team and customers to effectively complete team goals and
- Builds strong working relationships with members of his/her
team and interacts and establishes relationships with individuals
in other teams or departments as needed.
- Comprehensive understanding of underlying technologies that
support the application.
- Comprehensive understanding of the deployment process and
methodologies. Extensive knowledge of one or more multiple
frameworks and high-level programming languages.
- Ability to write software that optimizes leverage of the
underlying technologies (e.g.,Phusion, TCP, sockets).
- Comprehensive understanding of common algorithms and patterns
and ability to apply them appropriately.
- Strict adherence to agreed-upon coding standards.
- Demonstrated proficiency in refactoring code and developing
- Ability to design systems that span multiple
- Ability to write technical documentation describing system
architecture, including functional and technical
- Demonstrated ability to coach more junior members of the team
in a constructive manner.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight that are
normal in scope.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , IT Analyst - Level II - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!