Registered Nurse (RN) - Med/Surg - Medical Stepdown
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Duke University HospitalDuke University Hospital is consistently
rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around
the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research.
Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and
offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities,
including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite
containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate
hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms
and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For
2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University
Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology &
heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat,
gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology &
neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.In addition
to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically
dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary
care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and
outpatient surgery centers.Duke Nursing Highlights: -
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility) -Registered Nurse
-Duke University Hospital - Surgery -Duke University Health System
seeks to hire a Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of
-Advancing Health Together.The -Surgery Unit -provides exemplary
care for a variety of complex patients with diagnosis such as
Trauma, Vascular, Gastrointestinal, Gastrointestinal Oncology.
- RN to Patient Ratio is 1: 3-5
- Strengths in teamwork, multi-disciplinary collaboration and
professional respect - we offer a dynamic environment for
- Procedures/treatments frequently performed include diabetes
management, pain management, wound care, telemetry, oxygen therapy,
blood product administration, and IV management of fluids and
- Affords the clinical experience to attain strong critical
thinking skills, vast knowledge of disease processes and body
systems, and robust care management skills.
What you will do:
As a -Clinical Nurse -in Duke University Health System, you will
plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in
accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and
established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to
patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as
defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care, utilizing
the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and
established policies and procedures under the supervision of the
team leader or charge nurse.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed
and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including
equipment and material resources. Prioritize work organization and
identify resources available to assist in completing components of
care in a timely manner.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance
improvement activities. -What you can expect:
- Multitask in myriad ways - document assessments, plan of care,
interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status,
access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients,
independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing
plan of care.
- Relationship management with patients, families, visitors,
healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
-What we'll provide:
- Paid Training
- New Graduate Nurses: 8 weeks of paid orientation and monthly
nurse residency classes and the completion of a unit-focused
- Experienced Nurses: 4-6 weeks of paid orientation depending on
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is
committed to providing robust learning and development from Office
of Continuing Education.
- Clinical Ladder Advancement
- Tuition Assistance and Nurse Loan Forgiveness
- Relocation Grant and Sign On Bonus
- Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus -
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee
Pension plan and much more. -What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or
higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma
program.***All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in
Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate
BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete
the program within five years of their start date. -Licensure and
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing
as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure
to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS Certification - -To apply please email your CV / resume to
-email@example.com.Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
-Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. -Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essential job functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med/Surg - Medical Stepdown, Healthcare , Efland, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!