CT Technologist - Duke Hospital - Durham - PRN *FOR HIRE ONLY*
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the
best in the United States and is known around the world for its
outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University
Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive
diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional
emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65
operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital
outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an
extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. -For
2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University
Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology &
heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat,
gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology &
neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area. -In
addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive,
geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that
include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty
clinics and outpatient surgery centers. -General Description of the
Job ClassPerform a variety of specialized tasks involved in the
performance of CT scans. -Duties and Responsibilities of this
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation
of CT scanners, power injectors, and related equipment in
accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures. Position
patients for CT scans using patient positioning devices and
protective equipment as necessary.
- Perform exams accurately per established protocols, policy, and
patient safety standards.
- Assist radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IV's, and
injecting contrast, if applicable.
- Assist radiologist with interventional CT procedures.
- Evaluate CT scans for technical quality, collate processed
images in sequence of exposure and appropriately label.
Film/transmit to Image Archival System.
- Schedule patients for procedures; assist with clerical
- Charge procedures and supplies in EHR.
- Dispense and or order oral contrast to patients for CT
- Maintain accurate patient records.
- Provide orientation and training to new CT technologists.
- Provide care for the psychological and physical needs of
patients and their families for CT scans.
- Provide education and training to student technologists.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work
- Coordinate scheduling and patient flow
- Demonstrate proficiency in IV placement for contrast
- Demonstrate proficiency and accuracy in performance of all exam
- Assist with the education and training of new physicians
(interns, residents, fellows, and attendees). If applicable.
- Assist radiologists and PhD's in developing new protocols and
CT imaging techniques that are unique to facility.
- Perform CT specific technical assistance with projects assigned
by supervisor including but not limited to: Team lead, R & D,
protocol development, charge reconciliation and demonstration of
equipment. -**DUHS offers career growth and enrichment within
imaging services. There is a clinical ladder program with various
steps and opportunities at each hospital within the health system.
- -Required Qualifications at this Level -EducationCompletion of an
AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology plus completion of an
accredited CT programOR Graduate of a bachelor's degree program in
Radiology, with two semesters of clinical rotation in CTOR
Completion of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology with
two years of DUHS Radiology experience -Experience -Level I Must
obtain ARRT certification within one year of employment. -Level II
Minimum of two years' experience as a CT technologist. -Level III A
minimum of 4 years' experience within specialty modality in which
they are seeking promotion -Degrees, Licensure, and/or
CertificationARRT certification in RadiographyCT certification
within 12 months of employmentBLS certification - Duke is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , CT Technologist - Duke Hospital - Durham - PRN *FOR HIRE ONLY*, Healthcare , Carrboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!