Network Analyst - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham
Company: Duke Health
Location: Cedar Grove
Posted on: November 25, 2022
-The Network Analyst is responsible for all aspects of managing
the Duke communications and infrastructure network, to include
provisioning, installation, configuration, monitoring and ongoing
maintenance of network infrastructure, as well as design,
implementation, configuration, testing and support of network
infrastructure. -Working hours for this position are Thursday
through Monday 6:30am-3:30pm. -Work Performed
- May participate in 24x7x365 monitoring and support for all
- Perform daily network monitoring and remediation of network
- Monitor and triage issues submitted via the Service-Now ticket
queue or other monitoring tools.
- Configure and install network equipment, to include, but not
limited to, UPS kits, cable and network equipment, wire management
and fiber infrastructure as required.
- Document network infrastructure, equipment, and technology,
such as L1/2/3.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and sustain physical network
infrastructure (wired, wireless, servers, patch panels,
- Maintain, support and install network infrastructure hardware
and appliances including, but not limited to:
- Cisco routers, switches, Wireless Controllers and access points
- Cisco and Palo Alto Firewalls, Routing protocols (IGPs and
- Management & troubleshooting tools
- Remote Access connectivity monitoring, support and
- Provide network monitoring and network trouble isolation and
- Network Load Balancing solutions
- Maintain and configure network switches and software (upgrade
code, make scheduled changes, special upgrade projects, etc.) and
other network infrastructure equipment.
- Maintain documentation and follow procedures to ensure
adherence to institutional, state and federal policies and
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein. -Essential Tasks/Responsibilities
- Participate in 24x7x365 monitoring and support for all network
services (wired, wireless, VoIP, NAC, etc)
- Implement, configure, maintain and report on the
telecommunication services supporting the Duke Heath network.
- The candidate must have production experience in the entire
lifecycle of enterprise firewalls/VPN and telecommunications
- Maintain and sustain the Duke Health network infrastructure
(wired, wireless, network systems).
- Design and maintain data, voice, firewall, and network hardware
and systems; investigate and resolve network and hardware matters
of significance; research, analyze, isolate and -resolve errors;
assess and update older network infrastructure and circuits as
needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Provide technical support on data, voice or video networks for
internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions;
recommend and implement an approved course of action.
- Maintain documentation and procedures to ensure adherence to
institutional, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Ensure the security of technology solutions implemented and
- Author, implement, execute, and periodically update System
Security, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans to be
consistent with Duke Medicine policies and standards regarding
security and HIPAA compliance.
- Implement, maintain, upgrade, and patch systems to be compliant
with Duke Medicine security policies and standards regarding
protection from external and internal security attacks.
- Implement scalable and robust enterprise network infrastructure
solutions per system architectural designs and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of
equivalent technical experience required. -Experience: -
- Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education
(or equivalency) requirement.
- Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.
- Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required. -Job
- Requires valid North Carolina driver's license
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds -Preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of operational experience in the
technologies listed below:
- Direct "hands-on" administration of Cisco Firewalls (Adaptive
Security Appliance - ASA)
- Cisco Networking and IP routing (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, STP,
- Working knowledge (subject matter expert) skill set of
networking/voice/video/security technologies and services
- Working knowledge of core Cisco products and
technologies(Nexus/MPLS), in addition, VPN, STP, IPSEC, Fabricpath,
- Working hands-on experience setting up IP networks to guarantee
highly available and robust networking (including automatic
failover and notification, traffic analysis, QoS and policy-based
- Working knowledge of network security technologies (Firewalls,
VPN, Certificates, ACLs)
- Working knowledge of F5 load balancing systems.
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and IP protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, performed by a
diverse group of professionals
- Specific experience in large campus/healthcare Cisco networks,
supporting/designing/implementing IP solutions. Healthcare provider
and patient care/clinical applications/systems experience
- ---------------------------------Excellent interpersonal skills
and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships with team
members, other technical staff, customers and internal groups
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving
- Relevant Network Certifications -- preferred (CCNA/CCNP) - - -
- - Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. - Duke
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. - Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essentialjob functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Network Analyst - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham, Healthcare , Cedar Grove, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!