MEDICAL LAB SCIENTIST, SENIOR Flow Cytometry
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position will be responsible for coordinating, evaluating, and
implementing specialized flow cytometry testing of cord blood and
other cellular transplant products as deemed appropriate by the
medical directors. The individual filling this position will be an
integral member of a team of investigators including physicians,
research nurses, collection specialists, and other laboratory
staff. This position requires extensive Flow Cytometry experience.
- Perform flow cytometry-related activities as specified in SOPS
and perform calculations associated with flow testing and data
capture. Maintain accurate maintenance records for equipment in the
- Ensure quality control results are within
- Proficient troubleshooting skills are needed for flow cytometry
equipment which will be replaced in the near future; current
equipment includes FACSCalibur and FACSCanto instruments.
Validations of old equipment vs new equipment will be
- Proficient using BD Cellquest Pro, BD Multiset, and FACSCanto
- Ensure that all flow cytometry standards and requirements are
met for all associated accrediting agencies (ie. CAP, FACT,
- Comfortable interacting with CAP inspectors regarding flow
cytometry checklist items.
- Oversee day-to-day operation in the flow cytometry area and the
staff working in the flow cytometry area to ensure that they are
meeting all testing requirements.
- Save and archive flow-related lab data to ensure it can be
retrieved electronically in a timely manner, as needed
- Participate in the development of new laboratory procedures and
techniques; train new and future laboratory staff in flow
- Validate and update new test methods and SOPs as new procedures
- Collaborate with the laboratory manager directly to ensure
any/all research-related protocols are validated before they can be
moved into the clinical setting to ensure all testing and
validations are completed and approved in a timely manner
- Maintain and perform competency assessments of current and
future flow cytometry staff
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and functions
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, and communicate
directly with the lab manager to ensure that test results can be
reported in EPIC a timely manner
- Perform any / all other job-related duties as requested to
fulfill this integral role in the Stem Cell Laboratory (STCL)
The candidate must have a B.S. Degree in Medical Technology or a
related field and be certified by the ASCP or other nationally
recognized accreditation agency. Applicant must have at least five
years of experience in the field of flow cytometry testing.
ASCP certification or other nationally recognized accreditation
Five years experience (including one year at Duke) with
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , MEDICAL LAB SCIENTIST, SENIOR Flow Cytometry, Healthcare , Efland, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!