Nursing Care Assistant I - Duke University Hospital 4300 Adult General Medicine (Night Shift)
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Duke University Hospital Duke University Hospital is
consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is
known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking
research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient
beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic
facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major
surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery
center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with
nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional
radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked
Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties:
cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear,
nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology
& neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area. In addition
to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically
dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary
care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and
outpatient surgery centers. Duke Nursing Highlights: -
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! -Nursing Care Assistant -(Night Shift) -
Duke University Hospital - Adult Medicine Stepdown (Unit 4300) -
-Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Nursing Care
Assistant who will embrace our mission of -Advancing Health
Together.The -Adult General Medicine Intermediate/Stepdown Unit
(4300) -is comprised of -31 -beds. Our team of nursing staff
provide exemplary care for a variety of complex patients with
diagnosis such as Sepsis, Sickle Cell, GI Bleed, End Stage Renal
Failure, Diabetes, Cirrhosis and Behavioral Health Disorders. -
-$5,000 Sign On Bonus available for eligible candidates!
- 3 DAISY Awards - for providing extraordinary compassionate care
to their patients and families every day!
- Strengths in teamwork, multi-disciplinary collaboration and
professional respect - we offer a dynamic environment for
professional development, collaborative "NA Academy" -Work
Schedule: -3 - 12 hour shifts. -7p-7:30a. -36 hours per week.
-Responsibilities:The Nursing Care Assistant I performs a variety
of non-professional nursing duties under the direct supervision of
an RN/LPN to support patient care. -What you will do:
- Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific
procedures and provide manual assistance as required.
- Obtain and record patient data for medical records noting and
informing RN/LPN of information collected.
- Administer treatment and personal care procedures to patients
including, but not limited to, feeding, bathing, shaving, changing
clothing, cleaning and trimming fingernails, bed-making, assisting
with ambulation, enemas, skin care, and bowel and bladder
elimination; provide such additional care as required to meet the
personal needs and comfort of assigned patients.
- Participate in teaching activities by reinforcing teaching
instructed by RN and/or physician as needed.
- Assist physician and nurses with physical examinations by
helping position patients, changing non-sterile dressing and
- Take and record vital signs, record I&O, apply ice bags,
administer douches and enemas.
- Note and report any changes in patient's condition.
- Turn and position patients, set up and feed patients as
necessary, provide patients with fresh drinking water.
- Perform finger sticks for blood glucose testing, with
- Assist with admission, discharge, and transportation of
- Follow standard precautions and use personal protective
equipment as required.
- Collect, deliver and conduct routine tests on patient
- Clean assigned area; stock and replenish supplies and equipment
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required skills validation and attending educational
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Perform sterile dressing change for wounds over 48 hours old,
IV fluid assistance activities, oral/nasogastric feeding and
urinary catherizations/irrigation. -What we will -provide:
- Paid Training
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is
committed to providing robust learning and development from the
Office of Continuing Education
- Tuition Assistance -
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee
Pension plan and much more. - -What you will need:
- Current Nurse Aide I Registry listing with the N.C. Department
of Health and Human Services Division of Health Service
- High School Diploma or higher. - - Duke is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment
opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color,
disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Nursing Care Assistant I - Duke University Hospital 4300 Adult General Medicine (Night Shift), Healthcare , Timberlake, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!