Registered Nurse (Experienced) - Duke University Hospital - Peds Med/Surg (1A/2A) - Nights
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Duke University Hospital Duke University Hospital is
consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is
known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking
research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient
beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic
facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major
surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery
center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with
nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional
radiology area. For , U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke
University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer,
cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose &
throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology &
neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area. In addition
to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically
dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary
care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and
outpatient surgery centers. Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! Registered Nurse (Experienced RN)Peds
Med/Surg - Duke University HospitalLocated in Duke Central Tower,
Duke University Health System seeks to hire an experienced
Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health
Together. The Peds Med/Surg Unit (Unit 1A/2A) at Duke University
Hospital is comprised of two 17-bed Pediatric Medical/Surgical
Units. The units are a mixture of intermediate patients and step
down patients who need less monitoring than those in the critical
care units, but more monitoring than those on the medical or
surgical units. The newly renovated units offer spacious
accommodations and activity rooms for patients and their families.
Ideal candidates would embrace family centered care along with a
multidisciplinary approach to patient care. There are ample
opportunities to become involved with committees focused on process
improvement and patient experience.
- Prefer nurses with 1 year of pediatric experience or 1 year of
adult Med/Surg experience.
- Must have 1 full year of nursing experience. Work Schedule:Full
Time: 3, 12 hour shifts. 7p - 7a, Nights. 36 hours per week.
What you will do:As a Clinical Nurse II in Duke University Health
System, you will plan and provide professional nursing care for
patients in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care
and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services
to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as
defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care
utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with
physician orders and established policies and procedures. Use
professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care
based on assessment of the patient's baseline needs and response to
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed
and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care
and act as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or
an entire unit as assigned.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the
environment of care including equipment and material
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Act as preceptor and support the development of other staff and
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and in performance
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein. What you can expect:
- Multitask in myriad ways - document assessments, plan of care,
interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status,
access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients,
independently seek out resources and work collaboratively. Educate
patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
Relationship management with patients, families, visitors,
healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
What we will provide:
- Paid Training: 4 - 6 weeks of paid orientation depending on
level of experience.
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is
committed to providing robust learning and development from Office
of Continuing Education.
- Clinical Ladder Advancement
- Tuition Assistance
- Relocation Grant
- Employee Referral Program
- Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee
Pension plan and much more. What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or
higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma
program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in
Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate
BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete
the program within five years of their start date. Licensure and
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing
as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure
to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS Certification required Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs
at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include
essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental
abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for
reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Registered Nurse (Experienced) - Duke University Hospital - Peds Med/Surg (1A/2A) - Nights, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!