Nursing Care Assistant I or II (Rotating) - 6300 Inpatient Surgical Oncology
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Duke University Hospital Duke University Hospital is
consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is
known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking
research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient
beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic
facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major
surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery
center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with
nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional
radiology area. For , U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke
University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer,
cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose &
throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology &
neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area. In addition
to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically
dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary
care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and
outpatient surgery centers. Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! Nursing Care Assistant I or CNA II Duke
University Hospital - Unit 6300
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to
hire Nursing Assistants who will embrace our mission of Advancing
Work Hours & Shifts:
- Full Time: Day/Night Rotating (7a-7p) and (7p-7a); usually 1-2
weekends per month Job Summary:Perform a variety of nonprofessional
nursing duties in the direct care of patients under the direct
supervision of an RN/LPN. Prepare patients, equipment and supplies
for specific procedures and provide manual assistance as required.
Obtain and record patient data for medical records noting and
informing RN/LPN of information collected. Administer treatment and
personal care procedures to patients including, but not limited to:
- Feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothing, cleaning and
trimming fingernails, bed-making, assisting with ambulation,
enemas, skin care, and bowel and bladder elimination.
- Provide such additional care as required to meet the personal
needs and comfort of assigned patients.
- Participate in teaching activities by reinforcing teaching
instructed by RN and/or physician as needed.
- Assist physician and nurses with physical examinations by
helping position patients, changing non-sterile dressing and
- Take and record vital signs, record I&O, apply ice bags,
administer douches and enemas.
- Note and report any changes in patient's condition. Turn and
position patients, set up and feed patients as necessary, provide
patients with fresh drinking water.
- Perform finger sticks for blood glucose testing, with
appropriate training. Assist with admission, discharge, and
transportation of patients.
- Follow standard precautions and use personal protective
equipment as required. Collect, deliver and conduct routine tests
on patient specimens.
- Clean assigned area; stock and replenish supplies and equipment
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required skills validation and attending educational offerings.
Support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- May also perform sterile dressing change for wounds over 48
hours old, IV fluid assistance activities, oral/nasogastric feeding
and urinary catherizations/irrigation. Perform other related duties
incidental to work described herein. Knowledge, Skills, Education,
and Experience Required:
- No previous work experience required. Prior experience
- Completion of a Level I - Nurse Aide education program approved
by the North Carolina Board of Nursing or successful completion of
the NC - approved Nurse Aide I competency test.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Licensure,
Certification or Registration Required:
- Currently listed as a Nursing Assistant I (NA I) with the
Division of Facility Services with no substantiated findings of
abuse, fraud, neglect or misappropriation of property.
- BCLS certification must be maintained/completed by the end of
new hire orientation, which typically takes place during the first
week of employment. Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without
regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs
at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include
essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental
abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for
reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Nursing Care Assistant I or II (Rotating) - 6300 Inpatient Surgical Oncology, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!