Nursing Care Assistant I (Nights) - DUHS - 7800 Pulmonary Stepdown Unit
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the
best in the United States and is known around the world for its
outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University
Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic
and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma
center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an
endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine
operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional
radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital
admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in
fiscal year 2017. - U.S News & World Report named Duke University
Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in
2018-19. - Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20
nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and
heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology,
rheumatology, and urology. - In addition to its hospitals, Duke
Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of
outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent
care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery
centers. - Duke Nursing Highlights: -
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! -Nursing Care Assistant I - Duke
University Health System - -7800 Pulmonary Stepdown Unit -(Nights)
-Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Nursing Care
Assistant I - Health Unit Coordinator who will embrace our mission
of Transforming Lives Transforming Care. -Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Professional advancement opportunities through our Clinical
Ladder Program (Nursing Care Assistant, Surgical Tech, Certified
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle! -Work Schedule: -3 -
12 hour shifts. 7pm - 7:30am. -36 hours per week.
-Responsibilities:The Nursing Care Assistant I performs a variety
of non-professional nursing duties under the direct supervision of
an RN/LPN to support patient care. -What you will do:
- Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific
procedures and provide manual assistance as required.
- Obtain and record patient data for medical records noting and
informing RN/LPN of information collected.
- Administer treatment and personal care procedures to patients
including, but not limited to, feeding, bathing, shaving, changing
clothing, cleaning and trimming fingernails, bed-making, assisting
with ambulation, enemas, skin care, and bowel and bladder
elimination; provide such additional care as required to meet the
personal needs and comfort of assigned patients.
- Participate in teaching activities by reinforcing teaching
instructed by RN and/or physician as needed.
- Assist physician and nurses with physical examinations by
helping position patients, changing non-sterile dressing and
- Take and record vital signs, record I&O, apply ice bags,
administer douches and enemas.
- Note and report any changes in patient's condition.
- Turn and position patients, set up and feed patients as
necessary, provide patients with fresh drinking water.
- Perform finger sticks for blood glucose testing, with
- Assist with admission, discharge, and transportation of
- Follow standard precautions and use personal protective
equipment as required.
- Collect, deliver and conduct routine tests on patient
- Clean assigned area; stock and replenish supplies and equipment
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required skills validation and attending educational
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Perform sterile dressing change for wounds over 48 hours old,
IV fluid assistance activities, oral/nasogastric feeding and
urinary catherizations/irrigation. -What we will -provide:
- Paid Training
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is
committed to providing robust learning and development from the
Office of Continuing Education
- Tuition Assistance -
- Sign On Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee
Pension plan and much more. - -What you will need:
- Current Nurse Aide I Registry listing with the N.C. Department
of Health and Human Services Division of Health Service
- High School Diploma or higher. - - Duke is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment
opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color,
disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Nursing Care Assistant I (Nights) - DUHS - 7800 Pulmonary Stepdown Unit, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!