Registered Nurse (Experienced) - Duke University Hospital - Adult Medicine Stepdown (2300) - FT Days
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the
best in the United States and is known around the world for its
outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University
Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic
and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma
center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an
endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine
operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional
radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital
admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in
fiscal year 2017. - U.S News & World Report named Duke University
Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in
2018-19. - Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20
nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and
heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology,
rheumatology, and urology. - In addition to its hospitals, Duke
Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of
outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent
care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery
centers. - Duke Nursing Highlights: -
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet-- -
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina--------s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! -Experienced RN, Full-Time Days, 15K
Sign on Bonus! - -Duke University Hospital - Adult Medicine
Stepdown Unit -Located in Duke North, 2nd Floor (Unit 2300)
-Duke University Health System seeks to hire an experienced
Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of -Advancing Health
Together. -The -Adult General Medicine Stepdown Unit (2300)
-contain a total of 31 inpatient beds. Our team of nursing staff
provide exceptional care to patients with complex medical diseases
including Cardiac, Pulmonary, Liver, Renal, Sickle Cell, Diabetes,
Infectious Diseases, Wound Care, Med-Psych and GI. -Department
- RN to Patient Ratio is 1: 4-5
- Affords the clinical experience to attain strong critical
thinking skills, vast knowledge of disease processes and body
systems, and robust care management skills.
- We are a diverse, highly functioning team that collaborates
with all members of the healthcare team to provide exceptional and
compassionate patient care. We put the patient at the center of
everything we do. -Work Schedule:Seeking Full Time Days: 3, 12 hour
shifts. -7a -- 7p, 36 hours per week. -
What you will do:As a -Clinical Nurse -in Duke University Health
System, you will plan and provide professional nursing care for
patients in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care
and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services
to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as
defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care, utilizing
the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and
established policies and procedures under the supervision of the
team leader or charge nurse.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed
and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including
equipment and material resources. Prioritize work organization and
identify resources available to assist in completing components of
care in a timely manner.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance
improvement activities. -What you can expect:
- Multitask in myriad ways - document assessments, plan of care,
interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status,
access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients,
independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing
plan of care.
- Relationship management with patients, families, visitors,
healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
-What we'll provide:
- Paid Training
- Experienced Nurses: 4 - 6 weeks of paid orientation depending
on level of experience. -
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is
committed to providing robust learning and development from Office
of Continuing Education.
- Clinical Ladder Advancement
- Tuition Assistance and Nurse Loan Forgiveness
- Relocation Grant and Sign On Bonus
- Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus -
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee
Pension plan and much more. -What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or
higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma
program. -***All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in
Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate
BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete
the program within five years of their start date. -Licensure and
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing
as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure
to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS Certification - Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. - Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essentialjob functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Registered Nurse (Experienced) - Duke University Hospital - Adult Medicine Stepdown (2300) - FT Days, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!