Medical Technologist I - Hillsborough
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse
employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of
the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of patient testing and administrative tasks in
support of the clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
1. Investigates problems with equipment, test results, specimens,
2. May participate on teams or perform special
3. May perform teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students and
Pathology residents and training of new employees. May serve as a
4. Performs quality control and equipment maintenance in the
5. Performs routine and less standardized test procedures which
includes special chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory
tests. Observes tests and reactions and provides data.
6. Prepares specimens and reagents, solutions, heat, or filters as
7. Reports results to healthcare providers. Consults/confers with
health care providers regarding test results.
8. Reviews test results to ensure accuracy of report and timely
correction of errors.
Other Information Other information:
--- Requires Bachelor's of Science degree. Must meet eligibility
requirements upon hire to sit for MT exam within 12 months of
--- Must become MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA), or MT (AMT) certified
within 12 months of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
--- No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job Details Legal Employer: - STATE
Entity : UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Organization Unit : Laboratory HBO Hosp
Work Type : Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week : 40.00
Work Schedule : Day Job
Location of Job : US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime : Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Durham , Medical Technologist I - Hillsborough, Healthcare , Hillsborough, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!