MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - SPECIALTY ENGAGEMEN
Company: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionMEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED – SPECIALTY
ENGAGEMENT CENTER (PEDIATRICS) The Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC)
of Duke Health is the world-class, multi-specialty physician
practice comprised of 140 clinics located throughout North
Carolina. The PDC recruits the top physicians and employees and
retains them by offering competitive salaries and benefits and a
supportive work environment where passion and purpose connect. To
learn more about our culture, visit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-kWe are seeking a Medical
Assistant, Certified to be an integral member of the healthcare
team and provide direct and indirect care to patients at the
Specialty Engagement Center at 4825 Creekstone Drive in Durham, NC.
This position would offer opportunities for professional growth and
development, through encouragement for advancement on the CMA
clinical ladder and participation in educational
opportunities.Schedule: 8:00am-4:30pm or 8:30am-5:00pm Monday –
Friday with no weekends or call. WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY IF:
- You are compassionate, have top notch interpersonal skills and
are able to maintain calm when assisting patients in need of
- You are detail oriented, conscientious and take pride in
ensuring accuracy in your work.
- You are collaborative and excited to be part of a care team.
- The Medical Assistant in the Specialty Engagement Center will
answer incoming calls for ambulatory clinics in an assigned
specialty area and performs administrative and patient care
supportive duties under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Routes messages in EPIC assists with medication refills, and
performs other duties as needed.
- Acts as a patient advocate for patients and patient needs
- Responds to patient requests for health information.
- Reports obtained medical information from patients and
referring physicians accurately, completely and timely.
- Disseminates messages according to standard work in assigned
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned, and sensitive response in
the work environment
- Interacts with patients, providers, community services and all
personnel in a professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates respect for individual, cultural, and social
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patients,
- EPIC experience preferred REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program accredited
by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education
Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA required.
Please indicate on resume which certification you have, the
certification number, and expiration date.
- BLS required KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Knowledge of sterile techniques, special procedures and
processes involved in administering routine and special treatments
- Knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and
safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures, safety precautions
and age specific competencies.
- Knowledge of daily clinic preparation process; registration,
scheduling, charge posting and order entry.
- Ability to document and communicate pertinent information and
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
patients and clinic staff.ADDITIONAL INFORMATOIN Certain jobs in
the Private Diagnostic Clinic may include essential job functions
that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department.The Private Diagnostic
Clinic is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The PDC
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these valuesThe intent of this job description is to provide
a representative and level of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of positions given this
title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of
the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks
other than those specifically presented in this description
Keywords: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC, Durham , MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - SPECIALTY ENGAGEMEN, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!