MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - South Durham Otolar
Company: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionMEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED – SOUTH DURHAM
OTOLARYNGOLOGY CLINICThe Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) of Duke
Health is the world-class, multi-specialty physician practice
comprised of 140 clinics located throughout North Carolina. The PDC
recruits the top physicians and employees and retains them by
offering competitive salaries and benefits and a supportive work
environment where passion and purpose connect. To learn more about
our culture, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-kWe
are seeking a Medical Assistant, Certified to be an integral member
of the healthcare team and provide direct and indirect care to
patients at the South Durham Otolaryngology Clinic at 234 Crooked
Creek Parkway in Durham, NC. This position would offer
opportunities for professional growth and development, through
encouragement for advancement on the CMA clinical ladder and
participation in educational opportunities.Schedule: Monday to
Friday 8am - 4:30pm. No weekends, holidays, or on call. WE INVITE
YOU TO APPLY IF:
- You are compassionate, have top notch interpersonal skills and
are able to maintain calm when assisting patients in need of
- You are detail oriented, conscientious and take pride in
ensuring accuracy in your work.
- You are collaborative and excited to be part of a care team.
- Assist the MD and APPs in clinic by performing intakes with
patients, updating all pertinent information in EPIC, obtaining
medical history and chief complaint
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit
information, and other clinical information as indicated.
- Perform telephone message taking with patients, document
encounter, follow protocols established by clinic leadership, and
- Administer medications to patients as ordered by providers or
by established protocols following the six rights of medication
- Assists providers with procedures as needed
- Participates in performance improvement projects.
- Performs tasks such as set up for clinical procedures, high
level disinfection & sterilization or other miscellaneous
appropriate tasks within scope of practice.
- Attain prior authorizations for medications and durable medical
equipment as indicated.
- Float in clinic to cover patient and provider needs as
delegated by nurse manager, health center administrator, charge
nurse, or nurse team lead. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program accredited
by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education
Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA required.
Please indicate on resume which certification you have, the
certification number, and expiration date.
- BLS required KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Ability to transport patients on a stretcher or wheelchair and
heavy lifting may be required.
- Knowledge of sterile techniques, special procedures and
processes involved in administering routine and special treatments
- Knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and
safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures, safety precautions
and age specific competencies.
- Knowledge of daily clinic preparation process; registration,
scheduling, charge posting and order entry.
- Ability to document and communicate pertinent information and
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
patients and clinic staff. ADDTIONAL INFORMATION Certain jobs in
the Private Diagnostic Clinic may include essential job functions
that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department.The Private Diagnostic
Clinic is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The PDC
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these valuesThe intent of this job description is to provide
a representative and level of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of positions given this
title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of
the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks
other than those specifically presented in this description
Keywords: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC, Durham , MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - South Durham Otolar, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!