MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - Durham OB/GYN South
Company: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - Durham OB/GYN
South Durham The Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) of Duke Health is
the world-class, multi-specialty physician practice comprised of
140 clinics located throughout North Carolina. The PDC recruits the
top physicians and employees and retains them by offering
competitive salaries and benefits and a supportive work environment
where passion and purpose connect. To learn more about our culture,
visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-kWe are seeking a
Medical Assistant, Certified to be an integral member of the
healthcare team and provide direct and indirect care to patients at
our Durham OB/GYN South Durham location. WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY
- You are compassionate, have top notch interpersonal skills and
are able to maintain calm when assisting patients in need of
- You are detail oriented, conscientious and take pride in
ensuring accuracy in your work.
- You are collaborative and excited to be part of a care team.
- Assist medical and nursing staff in a variety of tasks
including taking medical histories and recording vitals.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by the
- Perform phlebotomy and manage lab supply orders.
- Authorize drug refills as directed.
- Telephone prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by
- Collect and prepare labs.
- Explain treatment procedures to patients.
- Prepare patients for examinations and procedures. required
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program accredited
by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education
Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA
- BLS required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Good customer service skills.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and
written instructions generally acquired through a high school
education and medical assistant programming.
- Heavy lifting and the ability to transport stretcher and
wheelchair patients may be required.
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures
that are applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in
administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic
health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic
setting. Working knowledge of infection control procedures and
- Age specific competencies.
- Daily clinic preparation process; registration, scheduling,
charge posting, order entry. Able to document and communicate
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients and clinic staff
- Levels II and III -- Ability to independently seek out
resources and work collaboratively additional information Certain
jobs in the Private Diagnostic Clinic may include essential job
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.The
Private Diagnostic Clinic is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
The PDC aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these valuesThe intent of this job description is to provide
a representative and level of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of positions given this
title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of
the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks
other than those specifically presented in this description
Keywords: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC, Durham , MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - Durham OB/GYN South, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!