Company: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionMEDICAL ASSISTANT The Private Diagnostic Clinic
(PDC) of Duke Health is the world-class, multi-specialty physician
practice comprised of 140 clinics located throughout North
Carolina. The PDC recruits the top physicians and employees and
retains them by offering competitive salaries and benefits and a
supportive work environment where passion and purpose connect. To
learn more about our culture, visit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-kWe are seeking a Medical
Assistant to be an integral member of the healthcare team and
provide direct and indirect care to patients at many Duke clinics
throughout the Raleigh/Durham area. These positions would offer
opportunities for professional growth and development. By applying
here, your application will be shared with hiring managers of many
different PDC clinics based on your location preferences. If your
skills and experience are a match for their available position, a
member of our team will be contacting you.The schedule for this
position is generally 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday with no weekend
hours, holidays, or call. WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY IF:
- You are compassionate, have top notch interpersonal skills and
are able to maintain calm when assisting patients in need of
- You are detail oriented, conscientious and take pride in
ensuring accuracy in your work.
- You are collaborative and excited to be part of a great care
team with great providers. JOB DUTIES:
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit
information, and other clinical information as indicated.
- Greet and screen patients for symptoms of illness in accordance
with health center guidelines.
- Assists with maintaining patient records into electronic
medical record system.
- Document patient encounters following established
- Performs tasks such as set up for clinical procedures, high
level disinfection & sterilization or other miscellaneous
appropriate tasks within scope of practice.
- Attain prior authorizations for medications and durable medical
equipment as indicated.
- Participates in performance improvement projects.REQUIRED
- North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services - Emergency
Medical Technician Basic
- Master of Biomedical SciencesKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Ability to transport patients on a stretcher or wheelchair and
heavy lifting may be required.
- Knowledge of sterile techniques, special procedures and
processes involved in administering routine and special treatments
- Knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and
safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures, safety precautions
and age specific competencies.
- Knowledge of daily clinic preparation process; registration,
scheduling, charge posting and order entry.
- Ability to document and communicate pertinent information and
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
patients and clinic staff.ADDITIONAL INFORMATOIN Certain jobs in
the Private Diagnostic Clinic may include essential job functions
that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department.The Private Diagnostic
Clinic is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The PDC
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.The intent of this job description is to
provide a representative and level of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of positions given this
title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of
the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks
other than those specifically presented in this description.
Keywords: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC, Durham , MEDICAL ASSISTANT, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!