Clinical Technician I
Company: Grace Federal Solutions LLC
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Description of the Job ClassPerform a
variety of the technical procedures involved in the procurement,
processing and evaluation of patient specimens for use in the
diagnosis and treatment of disease.Duties and Responsibilities of
- Perform a variety of routine and specialized procedures.
- Prepare and initiate special tests and procedures including,
but not limited to, cytogenetics, general laboratory, Point-of-Care
Testing, urinalysis without microscope, phlebotomy, cyto
preparatory, and specimen management.
- Communicate in a professional and courteous manner with
patients, family and other medical personnel as necessary for
problem recognition and initiation of the resolution and, if
necessary, escalation to the next level. Obtain information for
laboratory records, explain procedures, allay fears, and elicit
- Utilize standard equipment to maintain positive patient
identification through the maintenance of all clinical laboratory
records, register/accession patients/specimens and perform order
entry as required.
- Perform various quality control, safety, and infection control
procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external
- Receive and process specimens as required by respective
laboratory area procedures and protocols.
- Participate in the distribution of specimens, supplies and
reports to the appropriate laboratory staff; perform
messenger/courier activities as required.
- Maintain inventory of supplies; stock supplies on carts and
hand trays; wash glassware.
- Utilize various hospital information systems and software.
- Assist with maintenance of specimens and/or slides.
- Perform routine maintenance as required by laboratory
- Assist with word processing, miscellaneous office tasks and
maintaining office records.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein.Required Qualifications at this LevelEducationHigh School
diploma or GED. For assignment to phlebotomy, completion of a
structured phlebotomy training course and clinical rotation
recommended.ExperienceAlternatively, an equivalent combination of
relevant education and/or experience. One-year previous clinical
lab experience preferred.Degrees, Licensure, and/or
CertificationFor assignment to Phlebotomy Services, certification
as a Phlebotomist by a nationally recognized agency/board* is
recommended. Certification of Basic Life Support preferred.National
Healthcare Association (NHA) --Clinical Laboratory Phlebotomy
Examination (CLPLB), American Society of Clinical Pathologists,
Phlebotomy Technician Examination [PBT(ASCP)], International
Academy of Phlebotomy Sciences (IAPS), National Phlebotomy
Association (NPA), American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
(ASPT).Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities- Basic phlebotomy and
specimen processing techniques.- Knowledge of medical terms
preferred- Basic computer skills.- Effective communication skills.-
Effective professional communication skills to interact with
patients/ customers.Powered by JazzHRZr6jM6ryqH
Keywords: Grace Federal Solutions LLC, Durham , Clinical Technician I, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!