MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - Duke GI Resource Te
Company: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionMEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - Duke GI Resource
Team The Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) of Duke Health is the
world-class, multi-specialty physician practice comprised of 140
clinics located throughout North Carolina. The PDC recruits the top
physicians and employees and retains them by offering competitive
salaries and benefits and a supportive work environment where
passion and purpose connect. To learn more about our culture,
visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-kWe are seeking a
Medical Assistant, certified in our Duke Gastroenterology Resource
Team located in (Durham, NC) to be an integral member of the
healthcare team and provide direct and indirect care to patients.
WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY IF:
- You are compassionate, have top notch interpersonal skills and
are able to maintain calm when assisting patients in need of
- You are detail oriented, conscientious and take pride in
ensuring accuracy in your work.
- You are collaborative and excited to be part of a care team.
- Perform direct to procedure referral review.
- Perform telephone message taking with patients, document
encounter, follow protocols established by our leadership, and
- Manage Medication Refill requests for Duke GI patients using
- Enter lab result data into patients' medical records per GI
- Attain prior authorizations for medications and durable medical
equipment as indicated.
- Participates in performance improvement projects.
- Schedules appointments, routes messages in EPIC, and performs
other duties as needed. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program accredited
by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education
Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA
- BLS required KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of sterile techniques, special procedures and
processes involved in administering routine and special treatments
- Knowledge of infection control procedures, safety precautions
and age specific competencies.
- Ability to document and communicate pertinent information and
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
patients and GI staff. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Certain jobs in the
Private Diagnostic Clinic may include essential job functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department.The Private Diagnostic
Clinic is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The PDC
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these valuesThe intent of this job description is to provide
a representative and level of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of positions given this
title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of
the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks
other than those specifically presented in this description
Keywords: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC, Durham , MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - Duke GI Resource Te, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!