Electronic Imaging Technician - Radiology/Film Library - Duke Hospital - Durham
Company: Duke University Health System
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the
best in the United States and is known around the world for its
outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University
Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive
diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional
emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65
operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital
outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an
extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. -For
2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University
Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology &
heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat,
gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology &
neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area. -In
addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive,
geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that
include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty
clinics and outpatient surgery centers. -General Description of the
Job ClassWith the use of PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication
System), the Electronic Imaging Technician (EIT) will support
physicians, technologists and other medical staff in the
acquisition and distribution of digital patient records in Duke
University Health System (DUHS). The EIT works in conjunction with
the PACS and Radiology Informatics Team to ensure the maintenance
and integrity of the patient's Radiology records. - -Duties and
Responsibilities of this Level -Level 1
- Access reports, images, and other patient data via Maestro
Care/PACS and other DUHS applications.
- Utilize imaging equipment and established procedures to create
CDs/DVDs for customers.
- Utilize designated equipment and established procedures to
import and export image data on CD/DVD,
- Power share and other media.
- Operate the Digital Media Creator (DMC) equipment to create CD
or DVD, containing imaging studies in DICOM format at the request
of patients, providers, hospitals, and other entities.
- Fill requests for DUHS images by pushing DICOM images from PACS
to Power share.
- Push images received in Power share to PACS to fulfill the
Maestro Care physician order.
- Using the Maestro Care Image Library Status Report to process
orders from providers to store images in PACS.
- Digitize images stored on plain film utilizing Digitizer.
- Transfer images, either the entire study or specifically
requested series to designated DICOM destinations.
- Identify unspecified exams
- Obtain signed patient authorization to release medical
information as required by DUHS policy.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner both
through written and spoken means.
- Daily work requires answering phones, using email to send and
receive signed documents and handling faxed requests.
- Functions performed by this position have a direct impact on
patient safety and the timeliness of patient care.
- In all aspects of the job, the candidate must pay close
attention to detail and perform with high accuracy consistently in
a high-volume area, all while strictly adhering to Federal and
State regulations and DUHS policy.
- This position routinely coordinates with outpatient clinics,
inpatient units, Emergency Department, and surgeons both internal
to DUHS and external to DUHS.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all DUHS employees
including physicians, nurses, technologists, patient service
associates and administrative professionals.
- Performs other tasks related to the operation and monitoring of
radiology clinical and administrative information systems.
- Troubleshoot problems with image quality and equipment
malfunction and submit timely and effective Service Now
- Display a helpful and professional attitude when helping
patients, DUHS staff and coworkers.
- Highly developed customer service skills are required to meet
patient needs and internal customer expectations.
- Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Maestro Care, PACS, and
Power share to complete daily logs, correspond with attorneys,
physicians, patients, and other staff members.
- Capable of retrieving studies from various media for downtime
situations or upon request from clients.
- Responsible for established quality assurance procedures for
imported and exported image data.
- Maintains auditing and tracking tools established for the file
- Updates patient demographics
- Merge images to studies, and updates order information when
defined as part of established procedures or import/export of
images data (outside interpretation workflow), as required, and
requested by EICs, technologists, and radiologists. -Level 2
- Auditing - Use Excel spreadsheets for undictated reports and
unread worklists for department.
- As team lead manage timecards; participate in the review and
- Run the query in PACS for unread and unspecified, requiring
basic Excel knowledge.
- Develop documentation, tracking tools, and training materials
for Image Library.
- Respond to requests for images and reports related to legal
- Communicate professionally and timely in written and oral
communication, with attorneys, judges, and social workers. -
-Required Qualifications at this Level -EducationWork requires a
minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree
preferred. -ExperienceOne year of experience in health care or PACS
support or Radiology or Customer Service-related field. -Degrees,
Licensure, and/or CertificationNorth Carolina Driver's License -
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. - Duke
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. - Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essentialjob functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke University Health System, Durham , Electronic Imaging Technician - Radiology/Film Library - Duke Hospital - Durham, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!