EMT - Pre-Med or Pre-PA College Students
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: HourlyAre you a premed or pre physician
assistant student looking to gain valuable clinical hours seeking
an EMT Role? Consider a Medical Scribe position today and get
real-world medical experience working side by side with a
provider.Medical Scribe PositionMedScribes is in search of highly
motivated, customer service oriented candidates who are interested
in health care and would like an opportunity to work directly with
physicians, patients and the clinical care team. This is a
non-clinical role, for which training is offered and certification
is not required. A scribe is taught to work in person, with the
physician during patient interactions to provide real time clinical
documentation in and around the Triangle area of North Carolina. We
have client sites in Orange, Durham, Johnston and Wake counties.
Site placement is based on a strong match of client needs and staff
availability to meet the goal of creating a winning
partnership.Benefits for our Scribes:
- Dedicated on-site training tailored to support a strong
foundation for success
- Integration on to a specific clinical team for direct exposure
to patient-provider interactions.
- Scribes are able to work with multiple providers within a
specialty to gain breadth and depth
- Scribes gain an understanding of medical decision making with
patients, clinical workflow and team dynamics
- Opportunity to build relationships with clinicians that offer
mentorship and strong letters of recommendation
- With consistency and experience, scribes master the use of the
electronic health record, medical terminology and clinical
- Scribes have the ability to connect with former scribes and
current peers to learn more about particular schools and the
- Flexible scheduling to manage classes and work
- Test prep discount
- Growth opportunities are available for those who demonstrate
skill and leadership.Requirements for all scribe openings:
- Minimum age: 19 years old.
- Commitment to work: Minimum of 2-3 shifts/clinics per week,
approximately 20 hours per week for 1 year
- Transportation: Valid driver's license and reliable
- Typing skills: Minimum 60 words per minute.
- Education: College-level biology, anatomy, and/or medical
terminology highly preferred.
- Experience: Exposure to clinical environment preferred, but not
- Personality: Motivated, eager to learn, customer-oriented,
- Physical Requirement: Able to stand for long periods of time
and capable of documenting a patient encounter while standing or
pushing a mobile computer.Three typical schedules based on type of
site. Candidates should be available to work some weekdays:
- Clinic opportunities - week day schedule with start times at 8a
- Emergency Department opportunities - shifts are 8-10 hours in
length with shift every day of the week. Morning shifts (e,g.
6a-3p, 7a-4p) Afternoons (e.g. 10a-6p, 11a-9, 2p-12a, Evenings
(3p-12a, 5p-1a), and overnights (e.g. 10p-6a, 11p-7a, 9p-6a).
- Inpatient opportunities - shifts align with physician team
rounding on patients, 7 days per week. Examples of shift times for
this setting include: 5a-2p, 7a-5p, 5p-1a.Note: These are examples
and the specific schedule may vary slightly by specific department
or site set up. #medscribes
Keywords: MedScribes, Durham , EMT - Pre-Med or Pre-PA College Students, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!