MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - DUKE PERINATAL CLIN
Company: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED – DUKE PERINATAL
CLINIC OF DURHAMThe Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) of Duke Health
is the world-class, multi-specialty physician practice comprised of
140 clinics located throughout North Carolina. The PDC recruits the
top physicians and employees and retains them by offering
competitive salaries and benefits and a supportive work environment
where passion and purpose connect. To learn more about our culture,
visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-kWe are seeking a
Medical Assistant, Certified to be an integral member of the
healthcare team and provide direct and indirect care to patients at
the Duke Perinatal Clinic at 2608 Erwin Road in Durham, NC. This
position allows the unique opportunity to get to know patients
during their prenatal period and for continuous learning as the
patients have a variety of health conditions. Professional
development opportunities include advancing on the CMA clinical
ladder and participating in clinic committees.Schedule: 8:30am-5pm
or 9am-5:30pm with no weekends or holidays. WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY
- You are compassionate, have top notch interpersonal skills and
are able to maintain calm when assisting patients in need of
- You are detail oriented, conscientious and take pride in
ensuring accuracy in your work.
- You are collaborative and excited to be part of a care team.
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit
information, and other clinical information as indicated.
- Room patients, complete direct patient care.
- Complete abstracts/FMLA paperwork, sterilize instruments,
participate in committees.
- Administer medications to patients as ordered by providers or
by established protocols following the six rights of medication
- Assists providers with procedures such as pelvic exams,
collecting cultures/pap smears, endometrial biopsies, IUD
- Performs tasks such as set up for clinical procedures, EKG,
high level disinfection & sterilization, record abstractions, FMLA
paperwork completion and other miscellaneous appropriate tasks
within scope of practice.
- Participates in performance improvement projects and/or clinic
committees and assists in Joint Commission preparedness. Required
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program accredited
by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education
Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA required.
Please specify on resume which certification you have and the
- BLS required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Knowledge of sterile techniques, special procedures and
processes involved in administering routine and special treatments
- Knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and
safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures, safety precautions
and age specific competencies.
- Knowledge of daily clinic preparation process, patient flow
through clinic, skills necessary to assist with routine clinic
- Ability to document and communicate pertinent information and
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
patients and clinic staff. Additional InformationCertain jobs in
the Private Diagnostic Clinic may include essential job functions
that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department.The Private Diagnostic
Clinic is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The PDC
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.The intent of this job description is to
provide a representative and level of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of positions given this
title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of
the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks
other than those specifically presented in this description.
Keywords: Private Diagnostic Clinic PLLC, Durham , MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - DUKE PERINATAL CLIN, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!