Application Analyst-Level II-DHTS-Clinical Applications-FTES-Full Time-Durham
Company: Duke University Health System
Posted on: May 14, 2022
DHTS: Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized
division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the
development and management of enterprise IT systems. A 2018 'Most
Wired' health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and
information management as the first healthcare system to achieve
the Davies Award - highest honor by the Healthcare Information and
Management Systems Society (HIMSS) - for inpatient, ambulatory and
analytics health information technology capabilities. Our employees
are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner
with leading scholars, clinicians, and researchers across Duke
University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that
support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today. Job
Title: Application Analyst II-Clinical Applications General
Description of the Job ClassThe Application Analyst couples
knowledge of business practices/operations with knowledge of
information systems to implement, maintain and support Duke Health
Clinical applications. Duties and Responsibilities of this
LevelThis position is for Hospital Ancillary Applications which
supports 15 applications. This includes support primarily for
Windows based software solutions across the enterprise for 3
hospitals and 200 clinics.This position will be focused on our
critical application, Real Time Locating System (RTLS), and
strategic DUHS projects requiring new RTLS features and
functionality: 1) Duress, 2) Badge Rounding, and 3) Patient
Security Monitoring. In addition, this resource would support other
critical application enterprise implementations in support of the
Symphony (Device Integration) team. Responsibilities and duties
- Interprets and analyzes systems, data, and information with
- Implements applications, tools, processes and structures that
assist end users with the management of data in their business
- Provides systems support, including troubleshooting and the
configuration and testing of software.
- Ensures security of technology solutions with supervision.
- Participates in planning and providing customer training
sessions on system use or revisions.
- Assists in making oral and written presentations to project
teams and management.
- Completes moderately complex tasks and portions of larger
information system projects with direction.
- Identifies internal resources to build project team
- Updates system, operational and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvement.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Applies best practices to the management of the information
system life cycle.
- Analyzes, modifies, designs and researches information systems
- Analyzes customer requirements; researches, designs, acquires
and implements innovative systems.
- Assists in the evaluation and revision of existing information
- Provides analysis and advanced support including hardware
maintenance, trouble shooting, component replacement and repair,
system monitoring and the installation and maintenance of
- Shares responsibility with peer application analysts to be "on
call" 7X24 in weekly rotations with peer team members. This
includes being called to support application support during off
hours and weekends. During this time, unscheduled events/incidents
occur as reported by our clinical customers, and this "on call"
person is primary to respond to them to solve the problem. This
could include scheduling a bridge with Operations to troubleshoot
the event given the impact on the enterprise the clinical staff.
You are expected to be on the bridge and working the event until
- Ensures security of technology solutions including maintenance
and development of ISOPs as well as assisting in vulnerability
- Makes oral and written presentations to project teams,
management, and other departments.
- Coordinates and operationalizes simple to complex projects with
- Initiates, writes and evaluates system, operational and
- Identifies areas for procedural improvements. Provides detailed
specifications describing functions to be automated.
- Prime for application support on all server based applications
to include Microsoft Windows, Containers, and Linux.
- Ownership for application support on Application Center of
Excellence (App CoE) initiatives to include strategic
investigations on how our applications can be supported more
optimally in the future to include cloud. Required Qualifications
at this LevelEducation: Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or
technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience
required.Experience:Level 2- Three years of related (clinical
application) experience is required.Degrees, Licensure, and/or
Certification:If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina
licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is
required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer service focused, strong technical support skills
- Relationship builder
- Critical thinker
- Working knowledge of: Statistical reporting, Data coding -
general, Data analysis and trending, Database design/programming,
Database management software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to translate business process into a technical
- Knowledge of project management to manage deliverables
- Ability to understand design specifications for information
- Experience with implementation of information systems and
maintenance of information systems
- Knowledge of procurement procedures
- Support of our quality assurance initiatives to include huddles
and escalations when necessary
- Willingness to be trained and to provide training and support
to clinical staff with new implementations or workflows
- Team player!
- Willingness to learn and be innovative
- Positive approach and attitude in difficult/challenging
- Clear, methodical thinking in stressful situations
- Works well with others across all DH areas and especially with
team members across DHTS when a critical event is underway Duke is
an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community
built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our
collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an
exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives,
backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange,
it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and
welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected,
and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a
responsibility to uphold these values. Essential Physical Job
Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University
Health System may include essentialjob functions that require
specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information
and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be
provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke University Health System, Durham , Application Analyst-Level II-DHTS-Clinical Applications-FTES-Full Time-Durham, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!