Licensed Practical Nurse, Garner NC
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: May 14, 2022
DescriptionBecome part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice for the
Licensed Practical Nurse. Processes privileged patient health
information, processes physician orders, returns patient calls, and
other duties as assigned.Responsibilities:
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope
of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse to include assisting
with exams and procedures, administering medications, reinforcing
patient education, and other procedures as directed by the RN or
3. Documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
4. Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies patients
of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
5. Assists with the maintenance of adequate supplies, and performs
and documents medical equipment safety checks.
6. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory
guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention
policies and procedures. Participates in unit performance
7. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with
patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective communication
skills and team work.
- Completion of accredited practical nursing
- BCLS , LPN NC LICProfessional Experience Requirements:
- Previous physician office experience
preferred.Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: UNCGPEntity: UNC Physician Group
Organization Unit: GP Garner Family PracticeWork Type: Full
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:GarnerExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Durham , Licensed Practical Nurse, Garner NC, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!