Occupational Therapist Assistant OTA
Company: Brian Center Southpoint
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Occupational Therapist Assistant DescriptionSummary testTest An
occupational therapist assistant (OTA) works under the supervision
of a licensed test occupational therapist to assist with a
patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines
and state practice acts.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as allowed
by state practice act.
- Helps residents with rehabilitative activities and exercises
outlined in a treatment plan developed in collaboration with an
- Monitors an individual's activities to make sure they are
performed correctly and to provide encouragement.
- Records resident's progress for use by the occupational
- May assist in scheduling appointments, answering the telephone,
restocking or ordering depleted supplies, and filling out insurance
forms or other paperwork.
- Provides training to residents, caregivers and families
according to the resident's care plan.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with
company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Occupational Therapist
- Associates Degree from a AOTA accredited program.
- Licensed COTA if required by state law.Physical Demands &
EnvironmentShift work may be required. Employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and
arms, feel, see, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to
blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic
or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position.Brian Center
Southpoint in Durham, NC is a 140-bed center offering a variety of
individualized, health care services for our patients and
residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to
join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the
patient journey. Please consider the following team member
opportunity and apply today!We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Keywords: Brian Center Southpoint, Durham , Occupational Therapist Assistant OTA, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!