Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Company: Forest Ambulance Service, Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
We are a family-owned small business minority enterprise, proudly
celebrating over 30 years of professional ambulance transportation
and public service in Richmond, Virginia and surrounding counties.
We are licensed to transport patients who require both basic and
advanced life support functions.
We started in 1984 with one ambulance, and three employees, two of
which were the founding owners and who continue to operate and
assist the organization. We have been open every day since,
operating 24 hours and 365 days each year.
An EMT functions as a primary care provider in the pre-hospital
setting , the EMT is responsible for all aspects of care provided
to the sick and injured; including:
- Providing Basic Life Support, including patient
assessment/treatment within their scope of practice, use of the
automatic defibrillator, and transporting patients to the
- Possessing the knowledge and ability to operate a Class I, II,
or III ambulance with due regard of citizens in emergent and
non-emergent conditions in all variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to navigate through multiple jurisdictions, including
interstate, via maps, GPS, or general knowledge in order to
transport a patient to the designated facility.
- Maintain general cleanliness inside and outside of his or her
ambulance, pre and post patient care.
- Understand all applicable legal, moral and ethical issues
surrounding emergency medical service.
- Dedication to learning through continuing education and self
maintenance of licensures and certifications.
- Providing assistance and support of Advanced Life Support
Providers when treating and transport a patient who requires ALS
- Documentation of all patient care that is formal and precise in
a timely manner.
- Current Virginia EMT-Basic certification
- Current CPR for Healthcare Providers is Required for all
- 18+ years of age, Valid Virginia Driver's license with Virginia
EVOC (or equivalency)
- Non-Driving Applicants can be 18+ years of age
- Must pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and provide
a current Virginia DMV report.
- Current Valid National Registry EMT certification
- PHTLS, ACLS, PALS, GEMS, AMLS
- Familiarity with Apple iPad or iOS
- 1 year of experience as a cleared EMT
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines. Employment applications can be found on our website at
the following URL: , they may be mailed, faxed securely to , or
attached and E-Mailed through SmartRecruiters.com.
Feel free to contact Director of Public Relations Saul Mijangos NRP
for any questions regarding employment or job application status at
Please contact us for additional information and/or inquiries. We
look forward to your communication.
Keywords: Forest Ambulance Service, Inc., Durham , Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Healthcare , Baskerville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!