Senior Medical Director- Rheumatology - Home Based _ East Co
Company: IQVIA Argentina
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Senior Medical Director- Rheumatology - Home Based _ East Coast
Primary Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States Full time
R1136141 Date Posted: 07/10/2020 IQVIA is changing an entire
industry through inspired innovation. Our People make the
difference. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere.
Great products come from great ideas. And great ideas come from
great people. We look for the very best people and then give them
meaningful work to do. Join IQVIA and help us make the world a
better place. PURPOSE In partnership with Sales, Centers of
Excellence, Operations, and other functions, support the
achievement of gross new business targets through the oversight of
operational strategy development and communication associated with
new business opportunities. Direct and manage an assigned team of
regional Strategy Leads who are responsible for developing project
or program therapeutic and/or execution strategies.
- Actively provide guidance to the Strategy Leads to ensure
tailor-made strategies to project or programs that differentiate
IQVIA from the competition resulting in compelling, feasible
proposals and continuously drive business growth.
- Work with the Strategy Leads to make sure project/program
budget(s) meet financial and company goals, including Gross New
- Implement the recommended policies and practices to shape the
direction the group.
- Ensure individual project/program strategies align with IQVIA's
- Drive the team to leverage and consolidate all available data
to build the project strategy. Balance use of external research and
data with IQVIA's internal data sources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional management to remove barriers
and seek efficiencies in the development and adherence to
- Manage and mitigate risks linked to resourcing and project
and/or individual needs proactively with other management and
leadership team members in order to manage study issues and
- Work with individual staff to identify any quality issues
within the study and provide coaching on resolution of issues,
including implementation of corrective and preventative action
plans and escalation.
- Actively provide guidance/coaching to achieve global alignment
of work practices across the team through the adoption and use of
all process and technology tools and improvements by
- Participate in and champion function and/or corporate
initiatives, changes and/or special project assignments; act as a
client liaison, departmental cross-functional liaison and/or change
agent; provide technical expertise and clinical project management
experience to project management and training and process
- Scan the therapeutic and operational landscape and take account
of wider impacts to develop long term implementation strategies
that maximize opportunities to add value.
- May serve as a Strategy Lead on assigned
- Maintain a solid understanding of the competitive environment
and continuously drive for cost competitive pricing.
- Maintain current product and therapeutic knowledge. Provide
consultation to clients on drug development process, strategy, and
plans as needed.
- Maintain an understanding of current and future market trends
that may impact current and/or future innovative operational
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and
applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding
professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems.
Approve actions on human resources matters.
- Define appropriate goals & objectives for individuals and team.
Identify skill and competency gaps at the individual level and work
to craft and support appropriate development plans. Obtain regular
feedback on employees from key stakeholders to facilitate ongoing
performance management and development. May attend meetings to
provide direct observational feedback REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Deep and current knowledge of the scientific, clinical,
regulatory, operational and competitive landscape
- Strong global knowledge and awareness/understanding of global
drug development and delivery environment
- In-depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable
clinical research regulatory requirements; e.g. Good Clinical
- Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization
- Proven ability to manage a team and work through others in a
global environment to deliver results to the appropriate quality
and timeline metrics. Provides others with a clear direction;
delegates work appropriately and fairly; motivates and empowers
others; monitors/manages performance and provides feedback and
coaching; recruits, develops and retains staff of a high
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal
skills, including good command of English language
- Strong business acumen
- Strong customer management skills and demonstrated ability to
understand customer needs, have difficult conversations with
internal/external stakeholders and customers, negotiate solutions
and understand impacts on the overall program/portfolio
- Ability to work strategically to realize organizational and
project goals, identifying and developing positive and compelling
visions for the successful delivery of projects and taking account
of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the projects and
- Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and
knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and
keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office
applications MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 15
years relevant clinical research experience with multi-regional and
global focus including 9 years leadership experience (experience
managing people desired); or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience
- Board Certification/Specialisation in Rhuematology
#LI-GaleBurns At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of
human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible
- to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced
analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we
provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our
67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight,
curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn
more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans/Disabled IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations
for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable
accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise
participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's
Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange
for such an accommodation.
Keywords: IQVIA Argentina, Durham , Senior Medical Director- Rheumatology - Home Based _ East Co, Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!