Medication Tech/CNA (Assisted Living)
Company: Croasdaile Village
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Medication Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant (Assisted
**MUST HAVE BOTH CNA AND MEDICATION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION**
At Croasdaile Village, we value and recognize the importance of
supporting, training and retraining our staff. Our mission of
providing excellent services leading to an abundant life is an
important goal of our Continuing Care Retirement Community
Croasdaile Village provides competitive salaries, educational
opportunities and a comprehensive benefit package. We are an equal
opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
CNA/Med Tech administers prescribed medications to residents and
maintains related medical records under the supervision of the RN
by performing the following duties:
1 FT - 1st & 2nd Shift (16.0 hour shifts, 7:00 am - 11:30 pm)
Tuesday & Friday and (8.0 hour shift, 3:00 pm 11:30 pm) Sunday
1 PT - 3rd Shift, every other weekend
PRN 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shift Availability
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records
name of drug, dosage and time of administration on specified forms
- Verifies that MAR is accurate and includes the name or initial
of the individual administering the medication or
- Verifies that verbal orders for medications and treatments
- Countersigned by prescribing practitioner within 15 days from
the date the order was given.
- Signed or initialed and dated by the person receiving the
- Accepted only by LPN/RN, Pharmacist or Certified Med
- Presents medication to resident and observes ingestion or other
application, or administers medication.
- Takes vital signs or observes resident to detect response to
specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies
designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Documents reasons prescribed drugs are not
- Gives direct resident care, such as bathing, dressing, feeding
and assisting in examinations and treatments.
- Receives supply of ordered medications and apportions, mixes or
assembles drugs for administration to resident.
- Records and restocks medication inventories.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Performs requested tasks selected from the Resident Services
program, under the direction of RN.
- Must interact courteously, tactfully and politely with
managers, co-workers, residents, vendors or associates to preserve
productivity and moral.
- You will be expected to greet all warmly, by name and with a
- You will be expected to treat everyone with courteous
- You will strive to anticipate our resident's needs and act
- You will listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely
- You will hold yourself and others accountable.
- You will make our residents feel important.
- You will embrace and value everyone's differences.
- You will ask "Is there anything else I can do for
- You will maintain a high level of professionalism, both in
conduct and appearance, at all times.
- You will pay attention to details.
- Completion of Medication Aide Written Exam
- CNA Certification in good standing with NC is required
- Current experience (within last year) working as a Med Tech in
a Assisted Living Facility environment, is required
Some highlights of our COMPREHENSIVE Benefit Package for qualifying
full-time and part-time Team Members may include:
- 128+ hours of annual Paid Time Off PLUS Holiday Pay and PTO
- Choices of affordable and comprehensive Health Insurance
options for Employee, Child, Family and/or Spouse
- Dental Plan
- Prescription Drugs Plan
- Vision Plan
- 403b Plan (retirement plan with employer matching
- Group Term Life/AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- PTO and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Short-Term Disability Insurance, Cancer, Critical Illness and
Whole Life Insurance
- Wellness Plan that is attached to the medical benefits
- Employee Assistance Program and Work-Life Services
- Reduced fees for onsite Massage Therapist and
- Payroll Deduction for Meals (onsite dining room)
- Access to resident pool, fitness center and scenic walking
Keywords: Croasdaile Village, Durham , Medication Tech/CNA (Assisted Living), Healthcare , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!